Barnes contemplating leaving UTK for Ucla (Barnes stayed)...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Barnes contemplating leaving UTK for Ucla

Well ... as they say, money isn't everything

but err ... interesting
Tennessee has no state income tax and Knoxville is a lot cheaper to live in than LA. He will be making more at UT even though the check is smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

My takeaway, with as much "context" as can be mustered, is: Be glad (exuberant even) that Barnesy stayed put in the SEC. His teams are perennially soft so maybe that's why he was ready, set and going but for the buyout to a soft conference in the PAC 12 (to quote Oats and about 500,000 casual college hoops observers).

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Hmm. Maybe he doesn't like the AD. I can't imagine anyone not getting along with fat Phil.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Hmm. Maybe he doesn't like the AD. I can't imagine anyone not getting along with fat Phil.
Barnes also added, when asked about his contract extension "I had my agent add a clause that Fulmer had to stay out of my office. Two weeks ago the Campus Police showed up with a drug sniffing dog because a "suspicious" white substance was reported on and surrounding my desk. It was powdered sugar.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.