2019-2020 Roster - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: 2019-2020 Roster

Nice thread and all good points. Another big difference in the new regime is that Coach Nate really believes in the off season program. Teams really are built in the off season and him bringing in his own strength coach for BB specific training really should make a difference in the athletes we see on the court next season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

https://mobile.twitter.com/jay0__/st...24357787566086

excited Fleming is coming back, think he’s going to be a good one

BamaNation First Team

Does that mean Smith might leave.

BamaNation First Team

If Smith don't leave that would suit me as well In Nate we trust.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Coach Oats mentioned that he wants to play four-out-and-one-in and even five-out on offense. Would Watford be considered an outside player?

I would not like to see Smith leave. He is the only experienced inside player right now and should still be improving as he will be a junior. There is always the potential for injuries and for foul trouble in games. Unless something changes, it looks like there are three bigs; a true freshman, a red-shirt freshman, and a junior.

Many of us lose sight on the fact that most players improve as they mature through their years in college. We focus so much on incoming freshmen that have immediate impact and seem to think that players have maxed out by the time they are sophomores. Sometimes a player's numbers are down early because there are better, more experienced players ahead of them but I suspect that most of the time the numbers improve because the player improves.

BamaNation All-American

I like Smith and my guess is he stays. I don't think he is great fit for CNO's preferred system but there will be times when we will need to go big and play a half court game and Smith would be needed for that. I suspect the comment that CNO made about having too many bigs could have possibly been aimed at Giddens to indicate that he was definitely not returning. Given that Fleming is apparently coming back it would seem to indicate that CNO has given him the green light so it apparently wasn't aimed at him. Nothing that I've heard up to this point has indicated that Smith is considering transferring so it would seem to me that he is safe. We have room for Watford and Beetle Bolden so if we continue to recruit other players that are eligible immediately then that would seem to indicate that someone will be leaving or they are backup plans if we don't sign either of those 2.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It's because practice didn't include many drills. It was primarily walk-through and shoot-around.
    Which makes what he did late this past season even more crazy when he shortened practice to save the players legs. If they weren't practicing all that hard to begin with then the shorter practice wouldn't have made a difference.

2019-2020 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    Which makes what he did late this past season even more crazy when he shortened practice to save the players legs. If they weren't practicing all that hard to begin with then the shorter practice wouldn't have made a difference.
    That was because He and Wimp has become friends, and Wimpís philosophy was to always shorten practice in February and March. So, Wimp suggested it to CAJ. However, Wimp and his staff seemed to teach a little more than CAJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team

Anyone else spending more time on the Basketball threads than the Football threads like we used to?? This is getting interesting!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

With Wood leaving, I saw on a premium BOL article Oats is pursuing a JUCO. Does anybody have any details?

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    With Wood leaving, I saw on a premium BOL article Oats is pursuing a JUCO. Does anybody have any details?
    Probably James Rojas. Signed with Buffalo but was released from his NLI last week.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Probably James Rojas. Signed with Buffalo but was released from his NLI last week.
    I expect Beetle Bolden to commit to us this weekend. I think he takes Woodís spot. If Trendon doesnít come (it isnít looking great, based on some info that I received) then I expect us to sign James Rojas.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    I expect Beetle Bolden to commit to us this weekend. I think he takes Wood’s spot. If Trendon doesn’t come (it isn’t looking great, based on some info that I received) then I expect us to sign James Rojas.

Can you share that info?