2019-2020 Roster

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Mixture of belief in Oats as a coach and evidence of what should have been this past season under Avery.
True. I have stated this was a top 25 team masquerading as a bad team (more or less).

I'm surprised Bama would be ranked 11 by anyone just behind a team that made the final 4.

The talent was there this year so that says a lot about Coach Oats.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This info is on twitter: "Alabama will meet with R.J. Cole’s parents tonight & him tomorrow. Cole was the MEAC POY at Howard, averaging 21.6 pts & 6.4 assists, while shooting 38.7% from beyond the 3pt line. He will have two years of eligibility." I believe I saw another tweet that he would have to sit out a year. Supposedly he would be a great pickup so I understand why we would be interested in him but I'm not sure whose spot on the roster he would take. Unless he could walk-on for a year, or go to a JUCO for a year and not play I don't think we would have room for him. Perhaps he is player that you make room for?

Link

Additional info, he is a 6'1" PG. So if he had to sit this year he could step in after Bolden graduates and Lewis (perhaps) goes to the NBA.

Quote from Cecil Hurt: "Cole would have to sit out a year (barring a waiver). As for @AlabamaMBB roster numbers, there may be more movement so nothing is in concrete yet."

Last edited:

Red Silver

REGISTRATION ON HOLD - CHECK EMAIL
Apr 16, 2019
Before the final roster is set there will be 2 scholarly available, if not Watford then Rojas and another transfer.

bob_saget14

Apr 17, 2019
Forgive my ignorance, but do transfers who are sitting out for the season, still count towards that season's 13 player scholarship limit?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I have heard anything on Rojas and are we still waiting on Watford.
My assumption is that Rojas will get the scholarship if Watford signs elsewhere. I don't know that for a fact but it appears to be the case IMHO. I'm not sure how Cole or the other transfer PG fits into the equation as either of them would take a scholarship that does not appear to be available at the moment. The only possible wildcards that I'm aware of are Mack (NBA draft) and Gary (grades). However, as Cecil Hurt tweeted this past weekend, there could still be some roster movement and given the fact that the coaches are aggressively pursuing players that tells me they know something that isn't publicly known at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.