Sep 26, 2017
So as it stands now we picked up

Raymond Hawkins
James Rojas
Juwan Gary
Jaylen Forbes
Jaden Shackelford
and a transfer in James Bolden

We bring back Kira, Petty, Herb, Mack, Galin, Javan, and Reese. Should be a very fun roster :)
Pretty exciting to think about the possibilities of having 8-9 guys who can really play SEC level basketball...and having those guys well prepared. I expect some of the returning guys will have to really step up if they plan to keep/improve their roles on the team. Very good influx of talent.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Pretty exciting to think about the possibilities of having 8-9 guys who can really play SEC level basketball...and having those guys well prepared. I expect some of the returning guys will have to really step up if they plan to keep/improve their roles on the team. Very good influx of talent.
Coach Nate really seems to know what he is doing and looks like the dividends of his hiring are already paying just a month into his tenure. I really think this is the re-boot and an awakening of the sleeping giant we had all hoped for in a key coaching hire in Bama Hoops.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Have not been this fired up about basketball since...............well, I'm so old I can't remember when.
I remember when I was this fired up, 1971, after watching the freshman game in Coleman and seeing this guy named Cleveland play. There was hardly a place to sit for the freshman game but you could sit anywhere you wanted for the varsity game. The place would empty out between games, but it was ushering in the golden age of Alabama basketball.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It's great to feel the new excitement around the program. But I beg to differ about what Coleman was like in '71. After a miserable start, after being jobbed back to back at Tennessee and Kentucky, we went on an incredible rush to finish at 18-8, third in the conference. The second half of that season marked the true resurrection of Alabama basketball, and Coleman was rocking.

I remember when I was this fired up, 1971, after watching the freshman game in Coleman and seeing this guy named Cleveland play. There was hardly a place to sit for the freshman game but you could sit anywhere you wanted for the varsity game. The place would empty out between games, but it was ushering in the golden age of Alabama basketball.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Seems like a quick and thorough house cleaning. How many are left off last year's roster?
Alex Reese - Jr - PF/SF
Galin Smith - Jr - C/PF
Herb Jones - Jr - SF
John Petty - Jr - SG/SF
Kira Lewis - So - PG
Javian Fleming-Davis - RFr - PF/C (On the team last year but did not play.

We have 6 guys back from last season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.