2019-2020 Roster

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I don't recall a Bama basketball coach talking with that confidence. I'm not saying cocky, just confident. He seems to have a similar demeanor/confidence to that of our football coach.
He sort of reminds me of Wimp (emphasis on sort of) due to his candid responses about basketball in general and our current roster. You can tell he knows the game of basketball which is huge and I believe that knowledge will transfer well to the players.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
He sort of reminds me of Wimp (emphasis on sort of) due to his candid responses about basketball in general and our current roster. You can tell he knows the game of basketball which is huge and I believe that knowledge will transfer well to the players.
The aw-shucks, poor mouthing style, that was common then is the only reason I didn't make a comparison to Wimp.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
https://twitter.com/alabamambb/status/1139582264889753602?s=21

We aren’t going to give up leads because we are out of shape, that’s for sure! This is amazing cross training for basketball, and I’m kind of mad that I didn’t think of it before [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is so great to see. Nate Oats finds a way to unite a hometown hero and a team and their fan base. From The Bronze Bomber wiki page:

"He graduated from Tuscaloosa Central High School in 2004 and dreamed of playing football (wide receiver) or basketball (forward) for his hometown Alabama Crimson Tide, but the birth of his oldest daughter and grade issues forced him to attend nearby Shelton State Community College and to focus on a boxing career."

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
https://twitter.com/alabamambb/status/1139582264889753602?s=21

We aren’t going to give up leads because we are out of shape, that’s for sure! This is amazing cross training for basketball, and I’m kind of mad that I didn’t think of it before [emoji23]

Coach is way ahead of the curve. A lot of NBA players have been using it for conditioning the past couple years ive noticed. love the creativity..

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
It’s clear that there was ZERO accountability in this program under CAJ.

When things came out about some players being out all night at Rounders the night before a game, that did it for me.

It’s clear that CNO has a plan and a purpose for everything. I can’t wait for this season!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Reese looks like he has trimmed up a little more and is ready to run. Gary looks a little bigger (in a good way) than I was expecting. Fleming also appears to be in better shape. I've seen the photo of him from a while back after he lost some fat but it is even more evident in the recent practice video.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
The fact that so many of us are checking and posting to these threads in June really shows how excited we are and how exciting this team can be.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The fact that so many of us are checking and posting to these threads in June really shows how excited we are and how exciting this team can be.
Dig that! I was excited about our previous coach because of what he was saying. That waned quickly. I am excited about this coach because what he is doing. I remain intrigued to say the least.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Reese looks like he has trimmed up a little more and is ready to run. Gary looks a little bigger (in a good way) than I was expecting. Fleming also appears to be in better shape. I've seen the photo of him from a while back after he lost some fat but it is even more evident in the recent practice video.
He was the one most of us thought would be a possible candidate to transfer only because of the different scheme CNO runs but he's truly been putting in the work to give himself a chance to be a successful addition to the team. I'm impressed and proud of his efforts.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
For sure!

I normally would not even peruse this board, but CNO has truly added excitement and optimism to Tide Basketball! :cool2:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I was excited about the CAJ hire because of his NBA pedigree and the fact that he seems to be a likeable guy,
I am excited about Coach Oates because he has come in with a plan which seems to involve putting forth an effort and being held accountable for your actions and decisions.
The guy seems a lot like CNS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.