2019-2020 Roster

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I would agree with everything Walsh wrote in the article. I saw him speak to the Tip-off club last week. He is a basketball geek. He seems to be a teacher at heart and the players have responded to his expectations. Recruits seem to be drawn to his style so I honestly think it will roster will only get better from here.

I can't wait for the season to begin.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I would agree with everything Walsh wrote in the article. I saw him speak to the Tip-off club last week. He is a basketball geek. He seems to be a teacher at heart and the players have responded to his expectations. Recruits seem to be drawn to his style so I honestly think it will roster will only get better from here.

I can't wait for the season to begin.
I truly believe the same RAMA JAMA. Ive been so excited that I've been tryign to find something new about Bama Bball daily. I check @AlabamaMBB along with Tidefans every morning lol

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Based on everything so far (and in my opinion), we have hired probably one of the best coaches in school history.

However, let us see how the results are. I really like the players attitude and can't see them failing the expectations... :cool2:

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
JP clearly likes Nate.

Since arriving, Oats has introduced a drill called “NBA 100” where his players shoot 100 3s and are tracked on their percentage. That includes Smith, who was seen taking — and even making a few — shots from beyond the arc during Alabama’s open skills session last month.

“It’s just a confidence level that Coach puts into these guys,” Petty said. “He lets them know that for you to play you have to be able to shoot the ball. So I think that’s something he instills in them that drives them to get in gear and get shots up. He also lets them know like ‘Don’t be scared to shoot the ball.’ Maybe in the past, they were scared to shoot or felt like, ‘That’s not what I’m supposed to do.’ But now he’s letting them know, ‘You are going to have to be able to shoot.’ I think that helps them a lot.”

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The mindset of the players is totally different. Individual skills are being taught, practiced and then applied to game situations. Hopefully no more blown leads this year. In the past, I think we focused on team sets, not skill instruction. You can do that in the NBA where the players come in with a solid skill set, but not at the college level.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Can we do the NBA 100 for free throws as well? I am tired of seeing guys miss free throws.
They don't do that, but listen to his interview with Wimp and Barry Sanderson. Mike posted it yesterday. At the end of each drill during practice, the winning team has to make a free throw to get the win for the drill. He even said "you aren't going to win games if you can't make free throws at the end of a game."

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They don't do that, but listen to his interview with Wimp and Barry Sanderson. Mike posted it yesterday. At the end of each drill during practice, the winning team has to make a free throw to get the win for the drill. He even said "you aren't going to win games if you can't make free throws at the end of a game."
Yeah you can tell from the interview that he's dedicated to not only establishing a winning program but a winning culture. He focuses on all aspects of the game including the individual development of the players.

I don't know what the future holds for this program but I can't help but be excited about the potential.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.