Alabama, Oklahoma announce future home-and-home - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Re: Alabama, Oklahoma announce future home-and-home

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I get why the schedules are done so far in advance, but hard to get excited when they’re 13 years away.
    My thoughts, exactly.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

In other news, Halley's Comet can be viewed in the night skies again in 2061.

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I seriously doubt the SEC would add OU in expansion.
    When the GOR comes up around 2023-24, I think theres a better than 50-50 chance that OU leaves the Big 12. The speculation on the landing spot is all over the lot. There is no question that a move to the SEC West would make sense from a natural rivalry standpoint but it would seem that such a move would require the Tide to move to the SEC East. Such a move, along with Auburn, would probably not sit well with Tide fans. A west with Mizzou, Ark., T A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, OU, & say OSU or even Texas would be a strong division and moving the 2 Ala. schools to the east would strengthen that side of the conference. I'm not holding my breath on such an outcome. If we move, I think it will be to a reconfigured Big 10 west along with Texas. Lots of talk out our way of a possible merger with the PAC-12 or certain members of that conference. There are pros and cons to all these scenarios. And of course, the Big 12 could stand pat. Our strong OOC future schedule may be saying we are staying but strengthening our product so that the home schedule is attractive.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    When the GOR comes up around 2023-24, I think theres a better than 50-50 chance that OU leaves the Big 12. The speculation on the landing spot is all over the lot. There is no question that a move to the SEC West would make sense from a natural rivalry standpoint but it would seem that such a move would require the Tide to move to the SEC East. Such a move, along with Auburn, would probably not sit well with Tide fans. A west with Mizzou, Ark., T A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, OU, & say OSU or even Texas would be a strong division and moving the 2 Ala. schools to the east would strengthen that side of the conference. I'm not holding my breath on such an outcome. If we move, I think it will be to a reconfigured Big 10 west along with Texas. Lots of talk out our way of a possible merger with the PAC-12 or certain members of that conference. There are pros and cons to all these scenarios. And of course, the Big 12 could stand pat. Our strong OOC future schedule may be saying we are staying but strengthening our product so that the home schedule is attractive.
    From a fan perspective... yes
    From a SEC perspective... no

The SEC is most likely to to try and get a NC school and VA school combo in which markets are very lucrative and they aren’t just getting another Alabama. I think the ideal choice is Virginia and NC st.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Alabama, Oklahoma announce future home-and-home

I just can’t muster excitement for a game 13 years away. Wake me up in 2031 and maybe I’ll get excited.

The news presented this story as “the University is listening to fans who want more home+home series”. Technically yes, but most of us would like it during our lifetime. Seriously, there should be an NCAA rule that you can’t schedule games more than 5 years out. The only reason this happens is because one teams schedules way out, so the next team has to as well, and so on and so on. If everyone was only allowed to schedule 5 years out then it would not be a problem.

Anyway. The starting QBs for these games are 6-8 years old right now. So, start grooming your boys tidefans dads! My son is way too tiny, he’s no QB. Maybe a kicker but, I think baseball is more his style.
    Last edited by CrimsonNagus; April 11th, 2019 at 04:13 PM.

I get why the schedules are done so far in advance, but hard to get excited when they’re 13 years away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I think Oklahoma would be a better fit for the Big Ten than the SEC. You could get Nebraska back as an annual opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Appears several of the P5 schools; Alabama, UGA, Texas, and Oklahoma, among others are preparing for the inevitable 8 team CFP. Expecting SOS to be a major factor in selection of the at-large teams. Hopefully that will be as far out as they are scheduling.

Didn't include ND in the above because they have always scheduled many years in advance. Which is why, when it was revealed they were in discussion with Alabama, I predicted on here that it would be at least until 2029 before they would even consider scheduling Alabama. Several of you disagreed, and I was wrong. I missed it by ONE year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    In other news, Halley's Comet can be viewed in the night skies again in 2061.
    I'll be 91 that year........and won't even remember it's here assuming I can even see it........(nobody in my family has made it that old....)
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I don't - theres no reason to schedule something more than a few years out. It's not like we're sending humans to Mars here, we're scheduling CFB game...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I'll be 91 that year........and won't even remember it's here assuming I can even see it........(nobody in my family has made it that old....)
    You won't remember?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

I'll be 82-83 -- and if family history means anything I'll not be here...none of my grandfathers lived past 65 and my own father died at 77.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    Here's OU's future OOC schedule, not including other 2 games per year:

2019: @UCLA
    2020: TENNESSEE
    2021: NEBRASKA
    2022: @ NEBRASKA
    2023: GEORGIA
    2024: @TENNESSEE
    2025: MICHIGAN
    2026: @ MICHIGAN
    2027: L.S.U.
    2028: @ L.S.U
    2029: NEBRASKA
    2030: @NEBRASKA
    2031: @ GEORGIA
    2032: ALABAMA
    2033: @ALABAMA
    2034: ???
    2035: CLEMSON
    2036: @ CLEMSON
    Announcement from UGA and OU may be delayed because they are attempting to be matched in Atlanta and Dallas neutral site games in 2023 and 2031. Which is what they should do. Split year H/H scheduling is stupid.