Alabama, Oklahoma announce future home-and-home

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In other news, Halley's Comet can be viewed in the night skies again in 2061.
I'll be 91 that year........and won't even remember it's here assuming I can even see it........(nobody in my family has made it that old....)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I get why the schedules are done so far in advance, but hard to get excited when they’re 13 years away.
I don't - theres no reason to schedule something more than a few years out. It's not like we're sending humans to Mars here, we're scheduling CFB game...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Here's OU's future OOC schedule, not including other 2 games per year:

2019: @UCLA
2020: TENNESSEE
2021: NEBRASKA
2022: @ NEBRASKA
2023: GEORGIA
2024: @TENNESSEE
2025: MICHIGAN
2026: @ MICHIGAN
2027: L.S.U.
2028: @ L.S.U
2029: NEBRASKA
2030: @NEBRASKA
2031: @ GEORGIA
2032: ALABAMA
2033: @ALABAMA
2034: ???
2035: CLEMSON
2036: @ CLEMSON
Announcement from UGA and OU may be delayed because they are attempting to be matched in Atlanta and Dallas neutral site games in 2023 and 2031. Which is what they should do. Split year H/H scheduling is stupid.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I've been wondering why no official announcement...good info, thanks. I much prefer home/home over neutral site games. Part of the allure is going to a new game day atmosphere. I cherish my experiences in T-town, Knoxville, and Tallahassee to name a few. I miss Lincoln.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Live with them and you’ll start to love sharing a state with Auburn fans. Nebraska fans are about the dumbest and most obnoxious fans I’ve ever been around. Tradition be derned I don’t want to ever see them on our schedule ever again.
I've been around a few and think you are right.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've been around a few and think you are right.
TBF Their 55 and up fans are some of the best that youll meet, and what many older fans here remember and think highly of their fanbase. But I think all the blown championship runs in the 80's, the run in the 90's, and the drought since has made some of the worst fans you'll find in this country. The only worst fans Ive met are Michigan and UGA fans.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I've been wondering why no official announcement...good info, thanks. I much prefer home/home over neutral site games. Part of the allure is going to a new game day atmosphere. I cherish my experiences in T-town, Knoxville, and Tallahassee to name a few. I miss Lincoln.
I hate that these games are pushed so far out into the future. One of my most favorite football memories, even though it ended in disaster for us, was that 2002 game in Norman. You guys jumped out to a big lead, but then we mounted a comeback for the ages. Rinaldo Works (and an untimely Watts fumble) did us in at the end, but that was still an amazingly fun game. We held our own the next year in Tuscaloosa as well, despite being very out manned.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Announcement from UGA and OU may be delayed because they are attempting to be matched in Atlanta and Dallas neutral site games in 2023 and 2031. Which is what they should do. Split year H/H scheduling is stupid.
What is stupid about playing games in your own stadium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I hate that these games are pushed so far out into the future. One of my most favorite football memories, even though it ended in disaster for us, was that 2002 game in Norman. You guys jumped out to a big lead, but then we mounted a comeback for the ages. Rinaldo Works (and an untimely Watts fumble) did us in at the end, but that was still an amazingly fun game. We held our own the next year in Tuscaloosa as well, despite being very out manned.

You are absolutely correct. Based on talent alone, those OU teams should have beaten us soundly both times, yet both games were very close.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You are absolutely correct. Based on talent alone, those OU teams should have beaten us soundly both times, yet both games were very close.
The gap was severe in 2003, Mike Shula's first season. But we were not that far apart in 2002. We had NFL talent all along the DL: Kindal Moorehead, Jarrett Johnson, Kenny King, and Antwan Odom. These all may not have been 10 year NFL starters, but they were all talented enough to be drafted and make rosters. I remember Johnson having a long career with the Ravens. We had guys like Justin Smiley, Evan Mathis, Wesley Britt, and Alonzo Ephraim on the OL. Smiley and Mathis had productive NFL careers. So at least the lines were well matched. Then we just had a lot of gutsy guys like Watts, Ahmad Galloway, Lane Bearden, Charlie Peprah, etc.

That was a really tough, blue collar, hard nosed team. Which makes me hate that HC all the more as I type all this out, for the way he did them in at the end of the season. Dishonorable doesn't even begin to describe. Forgive my tangent.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Conjecture on my part about the neutral site games, but I can't imagine what else would be holding up the announcements.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think Oklahoma would be a better fit for the Big Ten than the SEC. You could get Nebraska back as an annual opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. The Iowa State connection already puts them in Big 10 territory also. Any future additions to the SEC are likely to come from North Carolina, Virginia, or some other state that was once part of the Old South/confederacy. Oklahoma does not fit that bill and will likely follow Texas anyway.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I agree. The Iowa State connection already puts them in Big 10 territory also. Any future additions to the SEC are likely to come from North Carolina, Virginia, or some other state that was once part of the Old South/confederacy. Oklahoma does not fit that bill and will likely follow Texas anyway.
They might as well kick Texas and West Virginia out and make bring back the Big 8 again. Texas is a cancer and can easily go independent and West Virginia is more of an ACC school.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They might as well kick Texas and West Virginia out and make bring back the Big 8 again. Texas is a cancer and can easily go independent and West Virginia is more of an ACC school.
there would be no profitability in that. The Big XII needs Texas more than any other team.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.