Looks like AG Barr is going to take a look at the folks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There are many who support our president, but don't agree with everything he does.

When is the last time you approved of everything a president did?

Or supported the man, then changed your mind when he did something you didn't like?

My point is Charmin, you're entitled to think whatever you like about those who support a particular president - but saying something like: "Your support of this man speaks volumes about your character." is quite a reach.

BTW, I know people who both support and are against our president - and it's been my personal experience that those that do support our president are of higher character than those who don't, generally speaking.

I also believe attacking someone's character on this board is bush league. I've never done it - nor will I ever do that.

Nothing personal - I have a lot of respect for you and hope you will at least appreciate my point of view, if nothing else.
i've never approved of everything any President has done

but I've also never approved of one who locked kids in cages after separating them from their families. You do, as does A-fan, own it

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
There are many who support our president, but don't agree with everything he does.

Or supported the man, then changed your mind when he did something you didn't like?

My point is Charmin, you're entitled to think whatever you like about those who support a particular president - but saying something like: "Your support of this man speaks volumes about your character." is quite a reach.

BTW, I know people who both support and are against our president - and it's been my personal experience that those that do support our president are of higher character than those who don't, generally speaking.

I also believe attacking someone's character on this board is bush league. I've never done it - nor will I ever do that.

Nothing personal - I have a lot of respect for you and hope you will at least appreciate my point of view, if nothing else.
Like Jon, I've never agreed 100% with any president's policies. I broke with Bush on Iraq. I broke with Obama on his over-use of drone strikes and the collateral damage that caused.

But if forcibly removing children from their parents at our border, locking them in cages on U.S. soil, abusing them, and letting them die of medical neglect is not a hard line for you, then I'm sorry but that does indeed speak to your character. Even if you don't support that particular policy -- and I don't think you or even most Trump supporters do -- continuing to support this present means you're okay overlooking it. And if that realization makes you uncomfortable, then you might want to do some soul-searching.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Like Jon, I've never agreed 100% with any president's policies. I broke with Bush on Iraq. I broke with Obama on his over-use of drone strikes and the collateral damage that caused.

But if forcibly removing children from their parents at our border, locking them in cages on U.S. soil, abusing them, and letting them die of medical neglect is not a hard line for you, then I'm sorry but that does indeed speak to your character. Even if you don't support that particular policy -- and I don't think you or even most Trump supporters do -- continuing to support this present means you're okay overlooking it. And if that realization makes you uncomfortable, then you might want to do some soul-searching.
Again - missed the point of my post.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Your argument is valid--up to a point. Of course we don't always agree with the guy we voted for (a tan suit? What WAS Obama thinking?!?!) But that argument only goes so far. For many on the left, it is a perpetual wonderment that people who are of good character in most respects can support someone as morally bankrupt as Trump. And here's the thing--when it comes to supporting someone, accepting their arguments, one of the biggest factors is--wait for it--shared values. So yes, support of a given figure does say something about a person's character.

Sure, a lot of people support Trump because of his Make America Great message. But there is SO MUCH on the other side of the ledger...

At some point, a person's character descends to the level that the "hate the sin, love the sinner" trope just doesn't work, and comes across more as a feeble attempt at rationalization. For many, Trump crossed the event horizon long before the Mueller investigation began--for a host of legitimate reasons.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I mean it all sounds really ominous if you set aside the string of meetings between Russian associates and the Trump campaign, the ongoing negotiations between his family and Moscow during the campaign, and the fact that the guy who ran the damn thing was actively sharing Trump campaign data with Russian intelligence.
Please cite the specific law that the Trump campaign is guilty of violating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.