Link: Mar-a-Lago gate crasher's thumb drive immediately attacks agent's computer...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Don't ask me why the drive was plugged in other than in a forensics lab, but...

Sophos
because people in general are inquisitive and a bit dumb. Google, Dropped Thumb drive attacks. The stats of how many people plug random found thumb drives into their PC's is astounding

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Makes you wonder how many other spies haven't been stopped by Mar-a-Lago rent-a-cops.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
because people in general are inquisitive and a bit dumb. Google, Dropped Thumb drive attacks. The stats of how many people plug random found thumb drives into their PC's is astounding
OK reply for the general public. This was an SS agent and it was already known that she had other suspicious objects on her and in her room. IOW, no excuse for this guy. (And I'm familiar already with the planted thumb stats.)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i get thumb drives all the damned time at trade shows and they immediately go into the garbage.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
OK reply for the general public. This was an SS agent and it was already known that she had other suspicious objects on her and in her room. IOW, no excuse for this guy. (And I'm familiar already with the planted thumb stats.)
Cut 'em some slack; after all, Q plugged the bad guy's laptop into the MI-6 network in Skyfall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.