Dabo wants to play UGA every year

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Georgia-Clemson every year would be great!

Other annual games should be...
Texas-Texas A&M
Kansas-Missouri
Oklahoma-Nebraska
Auburn-Georgia Tech
Florida-Miami
and....
Bama-Penn State

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
KLEMPSIN is a natural Georgia rival, and they have played a lot through the years. It would not be advantageous for the bulldawgs to add a Rivalry game to their schedule. They already have Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and Now Alabama. That doesn’t include the recruiting boost for the Tigers. Northeast Georgia, including Gwinnett county , is already prime KLEMPSIN recruiting grounds.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Fine by me. Georgia Tech isn’t a worthy rival for UGA anymore and USCe, while improving, is still a couple of strides behind Clemson. It would be a great September matchup between two elite programs that are also geographic rivals. It makes total sense.

Of course, the side benefit of making the road tougher for both programs is nice too, but a loss doesn’t eliminate either team so perhaps it has a chance of actually happening.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I had a long conversation with a Gator fan about the pro's & con's of Georgia playing Clemson on an annual basis. I'm against it, because my goal for UGA is to expand the brand by playing teams outside the Southeastern region. Therefore, I'm more in favor in playing home & home games with PAC-12, Big 10 and Big 12 teams, where you're getting interest from fan bases and recruits that all outside the SEC geography.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I had a long conversation with a Gator fan about the pro's & con's of Georgia playing Clemson on an annual basis. I'm against it, because my goal for UGA is to expand the brand by playing teams outside the Southeastern region. Therefore, I'm more in favor in playing home & home games with PAC-12, Big 10 and Big 12 teams, where you're getting interest from fan bases and recruits that all outside the SEC geography.
I'm all for it because it would be an exciting game for college football fans and, selfishly, it would mean a loss for one of the two teams that are our closest competition right now.

If I'm a dog fan, I'd be against it too.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think you let Ga Tech and USCe play each other -- and then let Clemson and UGA play each other as rival games....

Right now -- who has a tougher rival game than we do?

Florida, maybe......

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
CDS is smart (no pun intended) ... Clemson's success as a program thrives on them recruiting Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.