Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

We are better positioned than last year. Last year, the DBs were essentially green and our offensive identity was confused. We developed OL problems along the way. This year, the DBs are more seasoned, the OL should be more solid. The only real question are the LBs, where there's plenty of talent. Best of all, I feel much, much better with this coaching staff. Only a true worrier could be more worried than last year...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OakMtn4Bama View Post
    1970?
    I'm with you there. After '70 and heading into '71, I had great concern post 6-5-1. '71 was a pivotal year in light of the awesome run it ushered in for us. However, in the offseason leading into fall camp, the wishbone was still under wraps for most of us and had no clue as to what was about to be unleashed. Due to the shellshock that '70 provided for me and the first game of '71 at USCw gave me the heebie jeebies, more than ever before.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

Advice from an old farmer: "The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’."
    "Always drink upstream from the herd."
    "If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..."

I'm optimistic that cleaning house and getting rid of the inexperienced coaches will benefit the team tremendously.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

[Insert Nick Saban-AJ McCarron 2011 Florida game gif here]
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Sir, this is an Arby's.
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Tell me you're joking or this is the Stupidest thread of the off season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Right back at you Fred, Daniel and everyone else. 143

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Doubt? No way. A Bama team with something to prove and get revenge is a very tough team to beat. This may very well be our best ever. I totally expect #18 this year.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dirtroadlizard View Post
    Does Mike Price ring a bell ?

It's Rolling Baby....It's Rolling!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Most of the 'way-too-early' polls have us ranked number one ...

BamaNation All-SEC

not even close. I felt way worse going into last season. Going into 2018 on defense we had to replace 2 DL starters (and a top reserve), both ILB starters (and the most experienced reserve - this worried me the most, since Sabans first season we had always had at least one returning ILB as an understudy who would then have the experience to be the playcaller the next year), and the 6 DB starters from the dime package. Basically from the nickel package that we run the most frequently we only returned Davis and Jennings. 2018 was the least experienced defense we've had in a long, long time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Kids - sometimes they say silly things.

Alabama wins #18 this year and Tua gets the Heisman that he should have won last year.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPassion's Avatar

I felt much worse in 2010 thinking about all of the teams that were off the week before they played us. This time, I hope our guys are motivated for revenge!

BamaNation All-SEC

I seriously think, barring injury, we will slaughter everybody and go undefeated. If we stay healthy, I like our team MUCH better than all the others. Georgia will be very good and so will Clemson, but tell me: would you switch teams with either? I wouldn't.

Plus, Saban has a mad on.
    A
    A
    Well, get un-tired, because tonite is 2-for-1 crab legs at Captain O’Landers.