Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 120
  1. #40
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    507

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    The Clemson game was the game I worried about the most last year. I was pretty confident the whole season which made me extremely nervous in itself. But I had a very uneasy feeling that Clemson was going to beat us and knock our egos down a notch. What I look forward to is the next time we play Clemson, losses like this alwasy seem to light a very hot fire

  2. #41
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,011

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    To answer the OP, "NO!"

    If you feel the most doubt you've ever felt ahead of the season, you must be too young to remember the ABBS (After Bryant, Before Saban) years. With the exception of a brief oasis of 1992 - 94, there were always multiple preseason concerns. Even during those years, there were consistent concerns about whether the offense could score enough.

    Those were doubtful years. This isn't. Our biggest worry is at ILB -- who will start next to Moses, and who among our talented backups will provide depth. About 130 other teams would love to trade their problems for ours.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  3. #42
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    20,471

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    No.


    But then again, I'm old enough to remember the trepidation heading into 1998, 2001, and 2003.

    College football fans are notorious over-reactors.

    2011's defense - which everyone assumes we should have every year - was a SUPER AWESOME defense, not the new expected normal.

    Last year's final game doesn't define last season, either. It's a disappointing end - but we didn't suddenly forget how to do stuff.


    The rats all jumped off the ship - if you want me to be a little bit crass. Virtually none of the coaching staff that failed is left - save the one who has been a success everywhere.

    Something tells me the intensity behind closed doors is like the lawyer of a woman scorned.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

    I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

    Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

    After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

  4. #43
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    86

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    I feel good about this team. Last year too many distractions and I think they gobbled up too much rat poison. I expect much better pass rush and better DBs, ILB will be a wash or improve. I think O will grind out more drives vs the quick strike love affair.

  5. #44
    BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,474

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    I am more confident this year for 3 reasons.

    1. The O-line should be able to control the LOS much better.
    2. The secondary will be very good and has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best Saban has had in Tuscaloosa.
    3. The assistants as a whole are better teachers and I believe Sark will be more in tune with the identity Saban wants.

    BTW, anyone else see this idiotic column saying we should be nervous regarding TUA?

    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...ns-chills.html
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

  6. #45
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    19,496

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I am more confident this year for 3 reasons.

    1. The O-line should be able to control the LOS much better.
    2. The secondary will be very good and has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best Saban has had in Tuscaloosa.
    3. The assistants as a whole are better teachers and I believe Sark will be more in tune with the identity Saban wants.

    BTW, anyone else see this idiotic column saying we should be nervous regarding TUA?

    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...ns-chills.html
    Joseph Goodman said our basketball team would be better without Colin Sexton this past season too.
    Last edited by rgw; April 14th, 2019 at 12:20 AM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

  7. #46
    BamaNation First Team 12Namath12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    893

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    No.

  8. #47
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hueytown, Al
    Posts
    5,007

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    I,went to bama when shula was the coach. No.

  9. #48
    BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,474

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Joseph Goodman said our basketball team would be better without Colin Sexton this past season too.
    I remember that! I guess he figures idiotic columns get more clicks...... On a side note, reading a column on AL.COM about the Booger eating Barn’s spring game, they will have 3 Heisman candidates at QB and the most prolific offense in CFB history.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

  10. #49
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,199

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I remember that! I guess he figures idiotic columns get more clicks...... On a side note, reading a column on AL.COM about the Booger eating Barn’s spring game, they will have 3 Heisman candidates at QB and the most prolific offense in CFB history.
    Goodman is a tool. He’s trying to play the Scarbinsky game: Say something outlandish. If it comes close to happening then “See I told you so”. If it doesn’t say “You realize I was halfway joking about that right?”

    Those three Heisman trophy winning QBs will need to throw those TD passes from flat on their backs. That o line still bad.

    And get ready for the patented Kevin Steele “grab and hold” secondary. Still don’t know how to turn their heads and look for the football.

  11. #50
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    196

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Goodman is a tool. He’s trying to play the Scarbinsky game: Say something outlandish. If it comes close to happening then “See I told you so”. If it doesn’t say “You realize I was halfway joking about that right?”

    Those three Heisman trophy winning QBs will need to throw those TD passes from flat on their backs. That o line still bad.

    And get ready for the patented Kevin Steele “grab and hold” secondary. Still don’t know how to turn their heads and look for the football.
    +1

  12. #51
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,502

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We are better positioned than last year. Last year, the DBs were essentially green and our offensive identity was confused. We developed OL problems along the way. This year, the DBs are more seasoned, the OL should be more solid. The only real question are the LBs, where there's plenty of talent. Best of all, I feel much, much better with this coaching staff. Only a true worrier could be more worried than last year...
    I agree with you, especially on the coaching front....... the departures of certain coaches and how they acted when they left makes it appear their heads weren’t in it and Bama was a stepping stone...... I think Bama will be fine with this group

  13. #52
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,923

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Lord......no.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear