Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 120
  1. #105
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    14,062

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We are better positioned than last year. Last year, the DBs were essentially green and our offensive identity was confused. We developed OL problems along the way. This year, the DBs are more seasoned, the OL should be more solid. The only real question are the LBs, where there's plenty of talent. Best of all, I feel much, much better with this coaching staff. Only a true worrier could be more worried than last year...
    This is so spot on. ANYONE who truly knows football was worried about last year. A lot of folks were warning us about the defense playing with fire and the internal “me me me” attitudes of some. Honestly the 2017 win shocked me more than the loss last year. Bama has no business contending with the injuries suffered. To me it was Saban’s best coaching effort EVER! That team lost TWELVE guys to the draft. Many were blinded by the record setting offense and thought that the old mantra that defense wins championships could be overcome or ignored outright. Clemson brought all of it back to the ground and back to reality. I have much more faith in this squad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #106
    BamaNation Third Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    41

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    "ANYONE who truly knows football was worried about last year"


    The sad thing is how so many swallow anything spouted out by ESPN as absolute truth.

    If ESPN says, they believe it.

  3. #107
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    I think this team is one tight end and one inside linebacker from being a locked-in-stone national title contender. And that's not much to be that worried about. We know Miller Forristall can catch, and I am willing to bet someone like Shawn Lee winds up being a difference maker inside. Other than that it is just a matter of who does what kind of kicking.

    If you are worried about this season, don't even begin thinking about what's going to happen after this coming year, because one draft guru I have heard on the radio said we would likely lose as many as EIGHT guys early to the NFL in next years draft. Off of the OFFENSE!

    rtr

  4. #108
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,576

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I think this team is one tight end and one inside linebacker from being a locked-in-stone national title contender. And that's not much to be that worried about. We know Miller Forristall can catch, and I am willing to bet someone like Shawn Lee winds up being a difference maker inside. Other than that it is just a matter of who does what kind of kicking.

    If you are worried about this season, don't even begin thinking about what's going to happen after this coming year, because one draft guru I have heard on the radio said we would likely lose as many as EIGHT guys early to the NFL in next years draft. Off of the OFFENSE!

    rtr
    On our team this year: I agree we are so "loaded" it's hard to not see it even without Crimson colored glasses. The only "negative" is "how" we lost last year. But it's already being used as motivation for this year.

    On next year: We are sure to lose Tua, Najee and the big 3 receivers...all will be true juniors this year. They are all gone. That's just off the top of my head.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; April 22nd, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

  5. #109
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    I think we may lose an O-lineman or two.

    rtr

  6. #110
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    94

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I think this team is one tight end and one inside linebacker from being a locked-in-stone national title contender. And that's not much to be that worried about. We know Miller Forristall can catch, and I am willing to bet someone like Shawn Lee winds up being a difference maker inside. Other than that it is just a matter of who does what kind of kicking.
    rtr
    I agree. It also occurred to me that what you said could be said in the preseason about just about every Nick Saban team of the last 10-12 years:

    "I think this team is one [position on offense] and one [position on defense] from being a locked-in-stone national title contender. And that's not much to be that worried about. We know [rising young talent] can [do whatever we need done], and I am willing to bet someone like [another rising young talent] winds up being a difference maker inside. Other than that it is just a matter of who does what kind of kicking."

    Its the same basic, story every year, including (usually) the part about the kicking, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Blueguitar; April 23rd, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

  7. #111
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,708

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    I agree. It also occurred to me that what you said could be said in the preseason about just about every Nick Saban team of the last 10-12 years:

    "I think this team is one [position on offense] and one [position on defense] from being a locked-in-stone national title contender. And that's not much to be that worried about. We know [rising young talent] can [do whatever we need done], and I am willing to bet someone like [another rising young talent] winds up being a difference maker inside. Other than that it is just a matter of who does what kind of kicking."

    Its the same basic, story every year, including (usually) the part about the kicking, unfortunately.
    Even that is much better, supposedly. (I know we've heard it before)...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  8. #112
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    24,078

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Clemson will beat the breaks off Texas AM. I think they are more vulnerable to an upset loss like Pitt several years ago.
    I'm not so sure about "beat the brakes off". They more than likely will win. But if Dabo is able to field a defensive front seven that is equal to the one that left, it's probably time to start drawing up his contract offer. Because I have real doubts that Clemson will be able to sustain the defensive prowess as they did last season. Jimbo's offense in year two will be much harder to defend. Jimbo and company put 500 yards and 26 points on that defense last season. Again, I'm not predicting an Aggie win, I just don't think Clemson will run them out of the stadium.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  9. #113
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Clemson will beat the breaks off Texas AM. I think they are more vulnerable to an upset loss like Pitt several years ago.
    Not sure about the assessment of the TAMU game but agree that Clemson will not be able to look past FSU this year and Miami with Tate Martell is a team to watch in the ACC championship.

  10. #114
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,120

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Sounds like 'ol Tate may not even win the job @ Thug U...First marquee guy in the portal twice? on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Not sure about the assessment of the TAMU game but agree that Clemson will not be able to look past FSU this year and Miami with Tate Martell is a team to watch in the ACC championship.
    Last edited by The Ols; April 23rd, 2019 at 12:09 PM.

  11. #115
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Sounds like 'ol Tate may not even win the job @ Thug U...First marquee guy in the portal twice? on TideFans.com
    Saw that they have a three horse race but that Martell looked good in the Spring Game. Anyway a guy can hope for someone to give Clemson a game.

  12. #116
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    94

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Even that is much better, supposedly. (I know we've heard it before)...
    I give CNS the benefit of the doubt on almost everything, but when it comes to kicking I always reserve judgment until I see what Paul Punter or Kevin Kicker can do in a big game. Though I do feel that with a name like Skyler DeLong, it would be a damn shame if that kid doesn't develop into a special punter before he is done.

  13. #117
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,576

    Re: Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    I give CNS the benefit of the doubt on almost everything, but when it comes to kicking I always reserve judgment until I see what Paul Punter or Kevin Kicker can do in a big game. Though I do feel that with a name like Skyler DeLong, it would be a damn shame if that kid doesn't develop into a special punter before he is done.
    I'm no kicking expert, but even with the naked eye there was something different about the freshman from Hoovers spin. Reminded me a little of how the ball looked coming off of Leigh Tiffin's foot.

    It remains to be seen, as you say, how that will translate in real game situations.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear