Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A fellow Bama fan told me yesterday regarding this upcoming season, “Wake me up after Halloween, then I’ll pay attention.” I agree in that I think our only challenges will come after Nov. 1.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A fellow Bama fan told me yesterday regarding this upcoming season, “Wake me up after Halloween, then I’ll pay attention.” I agree in that I think our only challenges will come after Nov. 1.
Generally, yes, but I think A&M will be very good this year.

Hope to find this doesn't age well...

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
I for one am glad someone posted this about doubts. After watching us have the number one recruiting class for what seemed like the umpteenth time and then watching the performance at A day which resembled every A day game I have seen since CNS arrive. The offense was very predictable the defense appears to be stellar. I have real doubts maybe it’s just me but I really doubt I can afford the tickets to the SEC championship game to watch us win again, then I do have overwhelming doubts I will be able to afford to go to the National Title game to watch us win number 18. Maybe I can but I doubt I can win the lottery that will make it all possible. There I feel better now that I have expressed my doubts.

I know I should have used the blue font but I doubt I would have been able to find it...

Roll Tide

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Can't help but notice this thread was started by someone that doesn't post often but when he/she does post it's to start a thread and not post in the thread again.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’m worried that we will lose every game this year! I hope Nick has a plan to at least keep it close against New Mexico St. this thread is a little comical, I mean ‘the most doubt’, seriously? I remember when we waited until we played Arkansas every year to see where we were as a program. Those were doubt filled years!
Hello Mike Shula years.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Absolutely not. In 2000, I had no clue what was going to happen. I was in an airport moving to London UK on the day we lost to UCLA after having gone all summer somewhat believing the hype that surrounded our high ranking. Otherwise, during all other seasons during what I call the Lost Seasons (all those between Stallings & Saban) I had no confidence in athletic leadership, players, or coaches.
Remember what a let down that season was for y’all. Coming off of the 99 season where Bama rolled through the schedule after that La. Tech loss, thinking Bama was going to be incredible because they had nearly everyone back but Shaun, then stumbling out of the gate against UCLA and never recovering.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Remember what a let down that season was for y’all. Coming off of the 99 season where Bama rolled through the schedule after that La. Tech loss, thinking Bama was going to be incredible because they had nearly everyone back but Shaun, then stumbling out of the gate against UCLA and never recovering.
That opener and (much earlier) the one against Boston College when Kerry Goode blew out his knee were hard ones to watch. I also remember being at BDS when we were on probation during the Shula years and had the home and home with Hawaii and we lost the opener to them. I remember thinking, "We can't even beat Hawaii!"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That opener and (much earlier) the one against Boston College when Kerry Goode blew out his knee were hard ones to watch. I also remember being at BDS when we were on probation during the Shula years and had the home and home with Hawaii and we lost the opener to them. I remember thinking, "We can't even beat Hawaii!"

I misread the post. You meant we lost the first game to Hawaii.

That year was awful from start to finish

Last edited:

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I re-watched the championship game and yes, Clemson took advantage of every opportunity they had. We generated zero pass rush and let Lawrence take his sweet time. And to his credit, he did what was needed. We'll be better at DB with Jobe and Diggs in the rotation, Anoma looks ready to be the rusher we need, and our offense is still dripping with skill players. Clemson gets to enjoy being hunted and I think we're sitting pretty barring injuries at key spots.
Unfortunately, in that conference they've got a bunch of Elmer Fudds doing the hunting.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
Looking at the schedule, I see LSU and possibly Auburn with having any glimps of a chance at beating Alabama. And both of those are real stretches.

Last edited by a moderator:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Looking at the schedule, I see LSU and possibly Auburn with having any glimps of a chance at beating Alabama. And both of those are real stretches.

At JHS I think at best we have a 50/50 chance of winning. History is the best indicator of future performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
2019 is another rebuilding year for Alabama. Winning a championship is a crapshoot since luck has to smile on you like a beautiful woman.

Alabama has lost 7 national championships in my lifetime. Fortunately, the Tide won 14 in the meantime.

I can’t wait to see how this season unfolds. Brand new team and brand new coaches makes everything a surprise.

Last edited:

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
I'm thinking Clemson may be more likely to stumble this year than us. Nothing focuses the mind like a loss....and few things are more challenging than a repeat. A&M on 9-7?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.