Is this the most doubt you've felt headed into a season?

melvinm

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 2013
Honestly, I am still stunned at the way the Championship game turned out. I never saw it coming, and doubt many others did either. We will have an explosive offense for sure, but what about the O-line and D-line? Do we have quality depth?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Definitely not. I feel slightly less confident than last season but I still see only Georgia and Clemson as real threats. Maybe there will be a team like Ohio State that will step up.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I feel very confident. Clemson was better prepared than Bama because they had been practicing for that game for a year and Bama was worn down by a tougher schedule. I fully expect the defense to be much better this year and the offense will be the best in the country. Injuries can change anything, but if our team stays healthy, enjoy the show.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
-The o-line is probably the biggest and strongest we have seen in a while

- defense maybe worse or slightly better than last year. Idk

I think we will go 12-0 and probably have to play a 1 loss UGA or Florida.

I’m confident we return to the playoffs but I don’t know if that translates to beating Clemson. But we maybe the only team that can.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I still think we're going to win the West and have all our postseason goals still obtainable heading into Atlanta.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Absolutely not. In 2000, I had no clue what was going to happen. I was in an airport moving to London UK on the day we lost to UCLA after having gone all summer somewhat believing the hype that surrounded our high ranking. Otherwise, during all other seasons during what I call the Lost Seasons (all those between Stallings & Saban) I had no confidence in athletic leadership, players, or coaches.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The Clemson game last year was just one game not the entire season like some try to make it out to be 14-1 is pretty good in my book. Bad games happen to really goods teams every so often and unfortunately it was Bama's time for that to happen; if you really dig deep into that night nothing went right for the Tide and it was bad all around from coaching on down. I think the team this season will use that game as motivation. The offense will be as good if not better than last season, and as long as the injury bug does not hit the defense real hard the team will be fine there as well. Bama has depth on defense but in places it is young unproven depth at this time. The team should be unbeaten headed into Auburn in my opinion this season, and we will have to beat them at there place which will be a tough task it always is. So at that point in the season the team should have the SEC title and National Title still out there for the taking.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I think the Clemson game was an aberration.

At first I felt we were straight-up beat, with the ominous possibility that "the torch was passed" and Alabama was in decline. But I feel better about the loss, they had an easy schedule and spent the whole year preparing for us, we had indifferent coaching and especially playcalling/adjustments etc. I think we are in great shape heading into A-Day, with a dozen blue-chips still to get to campus. The only true area of concern is ILB, and we are shaping up to be great just about everywhere else.

No: I feel good, as good as last year, and that is taking into account the drubbing we got in the last game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We are better positioned than last year. Last year, the DBs were essentially green and our offensive identity was confused. We developed OL problems along the way. This year, the DBs are more seasoned, the OL should be more solid. The only real question are the LBs, where there's plenty of talent. Best of all, I feel much, much better with this coaching staff. Only a true worrier could be more worried than last year...

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I'm with you there. After '70 and heading into '71, I had great concern post 6-5-1. '71 was a pivotal year in light of the awesome run it ushered in for us. However, in the offseason leading into fall camp, the wishbone was still under wraps for most of us and had no clue as to what was about to be unleashed. Due to the shellshock that '70 provided for me and the first game of '71 at USCw gave me the heebie jeebies, more than ever before.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Doubt? No way. A Bama team with something to prove and get revenge is a very tough team to beat. This may very well be our best ever. I totally expect #18 this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.