Poll: Tidefans 2019 Game day meetup

Which game for the Tidefans 2019 Game day meetup?

• Total voters

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Hello Tidefans,
After the fun that was had by all at last years official meet-up we're going to give it the college try again. This time however, it will be planned under the banner of an official Tidefans meetup. If you're unfamiliar with last years event, you can visit the thread here.

1) This thread (the FIRST of THREE) will put out some broad information and also be used to decide which game we'll be selecting for the meet

2) The SECOND of THREE threads will be used for planning purposes, expenses, troubleshooting.

3) The THIRD and FINAL thread will be purely admin in purpose to put out a clean, finalized product to everyone so that they can easily get all the info they need from one post instead of searching back through trying to find that 50th reply of 2000.

Lets begin.

On the selected game day the lovely people of Tidefans will have the opportunity to meet up under covered tents on the quad and enjoy some catered/home made foods, drink, camaraderie, all while the days games are playing on a tv or two that will be available. In addition to this, if you want to attend but either can't afford, don't want to pay stadium prices to go in and watch, or just prefer not going in, the tent and all these amenities will still be available and you can just hang out there enjoying the game until everything gets torn down (1-2 hours after the game is over.)
Last year many of us came back to the tent to continue eating/hanging out after the game ended. It was pretty lovely when everything was said and done.

For the purposes of this poll, please do not vote unless you are planning to attend. It skews the results and is unfair to those who would like to attend. Please pick the game that you would most likely attend and like to have our event at. (Again, you don't have to go in and watch the game.)

"Why" these three games.

1) Environment. Last year the group attended the Sept 22 TAMU game and let me tell you, it was hot. It was so hot that if some of our older patrons or families with younger kids wanted to visit, the temps may be prohibitive. As such the venue will be a bit later to reduce the chances of that. It is Alabama though, so you never know.

2) Quality of game. This poll provides three solid choices between Tennessee (OCT 19), Arkansas (OCT 26), and LSU (NOV 9). These games also fall pretty well away from Thanksgiving and are all conference opponents.

3) Cost of game. I know that cost may be THE issue determining if someone will attend or not. Hopefully the TV(s) available will remove that from the equation. If you don't want to buy a game ticket, you can still attend the event, hang out with everyone, eat, drink, be merry, and watch the game at the site. If history is true, you can expect highest price game tickets to LSU, as well as other cost associated being a bit higher (airline travel if you wait too long, hotels-that I’m pretty sure are already sold out IN Tuscaloosa), etc.

Finally, this isn't an event I (we) are charging for. I'll be discussing donation options in the next thread. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like here and I'll address them. I (and many others) want this to become something we can do annually. As of today this will give people about 8 months to plan their time and resources to try to attend. I understand life comes at you fast and things change (I won't even be in the country when we actually have this) but what I'd like to see is people make as legitimate a plan as they can to try and attend. Things change and maybe the opportunity comes up when you didn't think you'd be able to. Fine, just let me know so that I can plan accordingly. Some notice is better than no notice.

IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS NOW IS THE TIME TO ASK.

The future threads will be built towards putting out information, assignments, or gathering specific numbers only and not for conversations. I'll address questions PMd to me, but will ask that we keep the future threads relatively clean/clear (I'll remind you guys again when that time comes.)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the Tennessee game will probably be the best one to do it. It’s a big rivalry game and it’s probably going to be a 2:30 kick.

LSU games typically have some form of shenanigans because they bring a crowd to tailgate. This is not saying that the majority of those coming are that way, but it maybe a weird experience for those not accustomed to LSU fans.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I won't vote because I may not be able to make it. Running in the NYC Marathon on 11/3, so most of the dates would be tough for me. But if I can make it work, I'll be there.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Last year was a lot of fun, and we sincerely appreciate the repeat.

I'll be at all those games anyway, so no preference from the standpoint of ability to attend. I do agree with 81usaf92 that Tennessee or Arkansas might be more conducive.

Arkansas has already been announced as homecoming, so you might get more people making plans to be in town for that one.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My finances are pretty good right now, but I'm only planning on taking in AT MOST two games next year: Tennessee and LSU.

If Arkansas is the vote I won't be there - but nobody take it personally. I've been to Arky three times.

Alabama-Tennessee is going to be the 230 kickoff unless the Vols implode to 0-whatever, which won't happen. (Simply look at the other games that day: Auburn-Arky, Florida-SCAR, UGA-KY, LSU-MSU, Mizzou-Vandy, Ole Miss-ATM).

The LSU game is likely to be a night game as it has every year since 2011. (The other games that day in the SEC are almost all absolute trash).

These are the two I'm planning to attend. And the weather TENDS to be more favorable in October than November - although that's obviously not ironclad.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think the Tennessee game will probably be the best one to do it. It’s a big rivalry game and it’s probably going to be a 2:30 kick.

LSU games typically have some form of shenanigans because they bring a crowd to tailgate. This is not saying that the majority of those coming are that way, but it maybe a weird experience for those not accustomed to LSU fans.
I agree with this and for the stated reasons.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I voted for the Tennessee game because I’m planning to be there with my daughter. Any game would work though.

FWIW, the tickets will be easier to get for Western Carolina. That could be a factor for some. I’ve never been to a Bama game where I didn’t have fun if Bama won.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My wife and I, and our college friend have always scheduled a reunion game on Alabama's homecoming game, and so this year is the Arkansas game. That is the only game we plan on coming this season, unless significant finances or free tickets come our way. So, I voted for the Arkansas game, I can probably get away for a little bit.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I'll be working the game and won't be able to make it, but I would caution folks against picking LSU for the stated reasons.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I won't vote because I may not be able to make it. Running in the NYC Marathon on 11/3, so most of the dates would be tough for me.
Props.

But you're insane.

We've established this already. :)

That said, hope you can somehow make it - I enjoyed chatting with you last year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just want to say this to clarify my previous statement. I don’t find the LSU fans to be some of the worst SEC fans like most opposing fans ( that belongs to UGA in my experience). It’s more around the fact that LSU brings a lot of fans compared to other fan bases, and they buy up a lot of tail gate spots and the game is usually a 7-8 kick which means there are some very ripe LSU fans. So the chance for smack is far higher than the other two.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I'll be at all three, so any one of them would be a great chance to meet some of our Tidefans members!!! :Joker_PDT_08: on TideFans.com

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Ok, I'm about to wrap this up and release the game and options before the 4th of July. If anything has changed let me know. Not the expected turn out so far given the numbers we had with relatively short notice last year.

I understand that many will have a better idea the closer we get.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.