The Deadliest Snakes Ever Found on the Planet

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Unfortunately, non poisonous snakes get a bad rep. I get black snakes in my garage occasionally and just ignore them. They keep rodents in check and are therefore beneficial to have around.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Unfortunately, non poisonous snakes get a bad rep. I get black snakes in my garage occasionally and just ignore them. They keep rodents in check and are therefore beneficial to have around.
I wouldn't just ignore them because they do breed. They can get in the attic and under the floor if you have a crawl space. I would just carry them off somewhere to the nearest wooded area.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I wouldn't just ignore them because they do breed. They can get in the attic and under the floor if you have a crawl space. I would just carry them off somewhere to the nearest wooded area.
I appreciate the non-venomous snakes in my yard. They not only help with rodent control, but also keep the venomous copperhead and cottonmouths out of my yard. For the last 2 years I’ve pretty much had a resident 6 foot rat snake in my back yard. I named him Fred even though I have no idea if it’s male or female. I’ve also had a number of brown snakes, black racers, and king snakes. I leave them alone from what I’ve heard they keep the venomous snakes away. Either way, sometimes it’s cool when I’m on my back porch watching tv to have Fred come by and visit.

bobislassis

Apr 11, 2019
If you don't scare them and treat them like a friend, they won't bite you. A friend of mine had a cool snake, he didn't bite at all. Only once, but he wasn't venomous.
:cool:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I keep a cat in my garage. I don’t have rodents or snakes.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Funny story from my trips to Myanmar (Burma). I visited the zoo in Yangon on a Saturday afternoon. We visited the reptile area and saw a snake in an open, but loosely fenced in area. The “fence” was a waist high plaster wall. The snake habitation was about 6 feet from the wall. There was a worker in the exhibit cleaning the habitat. Our translator asked what kind of snake was on the habit. He proceeded to pop the snake on the head and it hooded up. Yeah, it was a cobra. We all took a few steps back. He just laughed. There was nothing stopping that cobra from getting out. Above the habitat was a tree with a branch that ran down near the place it was laying on. No doubt it got out regularly.

The habitat beside it had a King Cobra. It was double caged. They were actually scared of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Funny story from my trips to Myanmar (Burma). I visited the zoo in Yangon on a Saturday afternoon. We visited the reptile area and saw a snake in an open, but loosely fenced in area. The “fence” was a waist high plaster wall. The snake habitation was about 6 feet from the wall. There was a worker in the exhibit cleaning the habitat. Our translator asked what kind of snake was on the habit. He proceeded to pop the snake on the head and it hooded up. Yeah, it was a cobra. We all took a few steps back. He just laughed. There was nothing stopping that cobra from getting out. Above the habitat was a tree with a branch that ran down near the place it was laying on. No doubt it got out regularly.

The habitat beside it had a King Cobra. It was double caged. They were actually scared of it.
Your story reminded me of one from our trip to Tanzania about 15 years ago. After spending a week in the Serengeti we were headed out of the park to the airport for a week on the island of Zanzibar. Our driver said we should stop at the visitor center which had a lot of info about the Masai, how they lived, etc. (mind you we had already visited a real tribal village). Anyway, part of the center was a reptile farm. We paid the fee (probably like the equivalent of $20), walked about 50 feet, saw a bunch of raggedy Plexiglas "cages" which contained mombas, vipers, and cobras.

We double-timed it out of the reptile farm and they kept their $20.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Some of these we have all heard of, but quite a few new to me. Did not realize how many different cobras there were. Would not want to live in Australia or what was once known as Indo-China.
http://standardnews.com/deadliest-s...y=true&spcid=b988ce697951c088532e5d577d9d99d1
Damn near everything in Australia wants you dead. Even the birds:

A large, flightless bird called the world's "most dangerous" attacked and killed its owner when the man fell on his farm in Florida, authorities said Saturday. The Alachua County Sheriff's office told CBS affiliate WGFL-TV that a cassowary killed the man Friday on the property near Gainesville, likely using its long claws.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I can't help it..........regardless of the species, if there's not a thick aquarium glass between me and any snake I see, instant fear and heebie-jeebies befell me! I find most of them to be beautiful creatures, but I want as much distance as possible between me and them!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.