News Article: Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris on fire

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maggie Koerth-Baker has a thread on Twitter about the condition of the building before today along with information about the renovation. Worth checking out (can't link due to language).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
IIRC, there’s like a whole forum available without it now.
There was a thread on each board. Combined them, though.

Surely you can see his point, though. Ruin a thread about a big topic because Trump is stupid? We don’t have to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Re: Notre Dame Cathedral on fire

Very sad indeed. I took a course on “God’s” architecture and loved the section on cathedrals.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Matt, You have an entire thread dedicated to his stupidity. Take it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
A $6.8 million overhaul had already started in the spire, according to France24.com, and it was surrounded by scaffolding Monday. Sixteen statues representing the 12 apostles and the four Gospel writers were taken off the 315-foot spire just this past Thursday as part of the renovation. Water regularly worked its way through cracks in 250-ton lead covering over the spire.
All that heat, all that lead, I wonder what, if any, long term effects there will be in Paris from lead pollution?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don’t see that it ‘ruins’ the thread. People can either talk about it or not talk about it. And the people that don’t want to talk about that aspect can easily not talk about that aspect. It worked that way for years & years.

Or just keep a separate thread in the other forum for the people that can’t seem to handle it.
How about instead of crapping on a thread, you start your own regarding Notre Dame and Trump? Problem solved.

Let this one be about the cathedral.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It is truly sad to see Notre Dame in this state. I know the French will rebuild and see that there has already been over 400 Million Euro raised to restore which is amazing.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Technically this is the “MOSTLY political and religion” board. Doesn’t mean everything has to be turned into a political fight. Seems like most don’t want it in this thread so how about you take it elsewhere.

But, we keep posting stuff like this so, it seems you have successfully derailed this thread with Trump nonsense. Congratulations.

You know, I use to really enjoy the non-sports board but everything turns in to a Trump fight now, regardless of what the original topic was, and it’s just beyond pathetic. I hate the guy as well but, I don’t let him consume my day like some of you seem to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
So sad.....such an iconic structure. I toured it back in 2000 and recall it being the highlight of our time in Paris.

Sorry if I missed it, but I haven't heard if there were any injuries from the fire, or what actually started it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.