I just posted a positive review for our local Aldi store

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Usually for me to write a review, it either has to be pretty exceptional, or pretty awful.

I've written a couple for restaurants here in Athens where I've had a great experience. In particular, one I know that my wife can eat, no questions asked. She has a peculiar food allergy, and we know this particular restaurant doesn't use it. She still checks, but no waiter/waitress has ever looked at her like she has two heads, which can't be said for a lot of chain restaurants. I guess that's an advantage of a city with a restaurant scene like Athens, so we rarely ever eat at large chain.

One awful one I wrote was when an unnamed car wash/oil change place in town shystered my wife out of some money. I'm not usually an angry man, but this one really ticked me off, and I left an awful review, and CC'ed it to the owner, and BBB. He got back quickly, apologized for the actions of his employees, and wrote us a personal check for the full amount. I've also left a couple for products I've picked up off Amazon, and have managed to get a full refund AND replacement product on more than one occasion.

I love Aldi. We have one 5 minutes from our house, and we do the bulk of our grocery shopping there. I know half the employees by name, and their customer service is great. Their return policy is great and I've gotten the full refund, and a replacement product the few times I've gotten something bad there. When my daughter threw a jar of olives on the ground once a few weeks back (as I was bagging up at the end), an employee ran to grab me a new one. Yeah, it was a $1 product, but their courtesy in this little thing made me like them even more.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I pay no attention to the extreme reviews on both ends of the spectrum. There is a real thing about the competition getting people to purposely leave negative feedback and on the other end of the spectrum, business owners create outstanding reviews through fake customer experiences. I know of one local restaurant owner ( I know them personally) who gets their family members to leave "5 Star" reviews.

I'll leave a review if the experience was very bad or very good. But the review will not be over the top or filled with words like "epic", "best ever" or "worst food ever", "thought I was going to die" etc. Those just come across as complete fakes with agendas.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
The Aldi's on South Parkway in Huntsville sells milk for 97 cents a gallon and eggs 48 cents a dozen. Of course the Wal Mart across the road from it sells milk and eggs at the same price. The Aldi's in Guntersville sells milk for a $1.68 a gallon and eggs .58 a dozen and yes the Wal Mart down the road sells both for the same as Aldi's. Everywhere else, Scottsboro and any town that does not have an Aldi's, milk is over $3 a gallon and eggs twice that.

The last time I was in Aldi's in Guntersville their prices had jumped up on most stuff about to where it is everywhere else. But you never know what they may have or what the prices may be so I go at least once a month just to check them out. They also have blowouts on non food stuff as well. Back around Christmas or just after a friend of mine got a Foo Fighters, double vinyl album for like $7. I had bought the same album in October for around $25 at Wal Mart in Scottsboro.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
You're all very very old. Lol.

I leave reviews pretty consistently, especially if I have free time in an airport. Google, yelp, tripadvisor, etc. Everything from dealerships (I have bought cars in over 25 states), to food (a few thousand reviews), to professional businesses (masseuse, landscaping, mechanics).

I travel so much that when I go to an area I seldom know people there. As such, I'm looking for a quick guide on how to get by on that area while I'm there. Reviews are that technique. I try to think of it not just as awful/great event ranking, but as a day to day if I was here what would I need/want situation.

I'm not a social media "influencer" (look up THAT group on entitled d-bags. Just a guy trying to help people find/avoid places.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
You're all very very old. Lol.

I leave reviews pretty consistently, especially if I have free time in an airport. Google, yelp, tripadvisor, etc. Everything from dealerships (I have bought cars in over 25 states), to food (a few thousand reviews), to professional businesses (masseuse, landscaping, mechanics).

I travel so much that when I go to an area I seldom know people there. As such, I'm looking for a quick guide on how to get by on that area while I'm there. Reviews are that technique. I try to think of it not just as awful/great event ranking, but as a day to day if I was here what would I need/want situation.

I'm not a social media "influencer" (look up THAT group on entitled d-bags. Just a guy trying to help people find/avoid places.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What’s very old? I’m 28 and don’t leave reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Not surprised but didn't realized the owners are brothers. Would love a TJ to open in the Montgomery area, but I doubt it happens anytime soon.
Actually both firms are owned by the foundations set up by the brothers prior to their deaths. And there are actually two separate Aldi firms operating under the Aldi name, which originally was one firm. Very interesting story about why they divided the business in 1960.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Albrecht

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Albrecht

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.