Another mid-week win, 3-2 over UAB
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Another mid-week win, 3-2 over UAB

2-1 going to the 9th. We got a 2-out walk, to bring home a run. UAB adds a solo in their half of the 9th, but that is all.

On to Vandy...................
    As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Another mid-week win, 3-2 over UAB

Another series with a top ten team coming up. Geez.

rtr

BamaNation First Team

If you needed any more clues that we're at an extreme talent-deficit competing in the SEC, we're something like 20-3 in the non-conference. It's not that this team is bad, it's that they're bad relative to the SEC.

By all accounts I've heard/read, the talent gap should be narrowing every year. At least as long as we get them past the draft.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    If you needed any more clues that we're at an extreme talent-deficit competing in the SEC, we're something like 20-3 in the non-conference.
    I don’t follow baseball closely. Last weekend I visited the Louisville Slugger Museum. They have the college top 25 displayed. I looked at my wife and said “that is why we are having issues gaining traction in the SEC.”

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    If you needed any more clues that we're at an extreme talent-deficit competing in the SEC, we're something like 20-3 in the non-conference. It's not that this team is bad, it's that they're bad relative to the SEC.

By all accounts I've heard/read, the talent gap should be narrowing every year. At least as long as we get them past the draft.
    There is no doubt Coach Bo knows talent. It's just a matter of getting them here, and whether or not he can do that.

rtr