Link: LSU AD Joe Alleva Stepping Down

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
They hired Alleva under the thought stream that they were solid at Football for the foreseeable future and wanted to be a basketball power. At the time the SEC had only two good basketball programs. They were wrong on all counts and we are altogether better for it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Fisher is successful at TAMU and it comes down to only money, then LSU, even with Woodward, comes in second. OTOH, if Woodward's ties to Fisher are strong enough and the money is good, not necessarily TAMU good, but really good, I could see Fisher on the Bayou. I could also see Byrne to TAMU, if he has the cajones to put up with their "Big Hat Boosters".
Fisher isn’t going to LSU. They don’t have the non football facilities he needs. I think many here still believe MONEY was the only reason Jimbo is at aTm. Sometimes money isn’t everything and for Jimbo it wasn’t.

Last edited:

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Think the one that wanted Wade suspended will be the next to go. People didn't like Alleva in the first place, so they finally got him gone. Alexander is going to be next.
The Alexander guy is pretty much despised here in LA for the most part. I think he will be gone too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSU has one problem they can't fix: They don't have CNS anymore! :BigA:
The smart play here would be to let Woodward stabilize the athletic department to make the job more appealing to a big name coach that can get the program in a position to contend with Saban and possibly take the West after Saban retires.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The smart play here would be to let Woodward stabilize the athletic department to make the job more appealing to a big name coach that can get the program in a position to contend with Saban and possibly take the West after Saban retires.
Well, "the smart play" is where they usually get lost. :biggrin:

FWIW, I agree that should be their goal.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the problem is that 1) they held onto Miles for too long 2) Fired him at the absolute worst time, and 3) overplayed their hand. I think getting stuck with coach Oeaux probably set them back a couple of years.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A&M will need to make a very big, solid hire for this to be worth the price. He's only been at A&M since 2016. Overall, he's been able to steady the ship and provide some stability to things there in his short time in College Station.

Woodward's ties to LSU are far greater than Jimbo's, though. He graduated from LSU. He was raised in Baton Rouge. Finebaum mentioned yesterday he has a few different properties (condo in the French Quarter, hunting/fishing cabin, and another place) in Louisiana.
If I were A&M (and wanted to keep Jimbo) I would ask Him to pick the next AD.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If I were A&M (and wanted to keep Jimbo) I would ask Him to pick the next AD.
Again why would Jimbo leave when he has a very particular demand that very few schools can meet? One of which is aTm. There is a reason why Jimbo spent a hell of a lot of time in Gainesville as a FSU coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Again why would Jimbo leave when he has a very particular demand that very few schools can meet? One of which is aTm. There is a reason why Jimbo spent a hell of a lot of time in Gainesville as a FSU coach.
To be fair, he was on the verge of going to Baton Rouge in 2015 until Alleva botched Miles' firing.

Guessing the demand you're referencing is about his son. Does he have custody or does his ex-wife?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Jimbo is on record that one of the primary reasons he went to A&M is because of his relationship with Woodward. It's not about the money, though L8U could probably generate it (or close to it) if they had to. They've gone after JF at least once before (some claim they've moved after him twice now), and there's little question he could be successful there. A&M has long been the 'sleeping giant', but they're still what L8U was pre-Saban (if that).

I'm not saying JF ends up at L8U, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit - especially if Orgeron stumbles down the stretch...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To be fair, he was on the verge of going to Baton Rouge in 2015 until Alleva botched Miles' firing.

Guessing the demand you're referencing is about his son. Does he have custody or does his ex-wife?

His ex wife moved to Texas as well so they can have easier visitation. They both want to be able to raise their kids and to have a hospital capable of treating their son’s rare condition. That was the reason he was making frequent trips to Gainesville.

My point is there is far more at play about Jimbo than Woodward and Money. I just don’t see any way Jimbo winds up at LSU at this point with the conditions outside of his contract (ie ex wife and son) that have to be fulfilled.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
His ex wife moved to Texas as well so they can have easier visitation. They both want to be able to raise their kids and to have a hospital capable of treating their son’s rare condition. That was the reason he was making frequent trips to Gainesville.

My point is there is far more at play about Jimbo than Woodward and Money. I just don’t see any way Jimbo winds up at LSU at this point with the conditions outside of his contract (ie ex wife and son) that have to be fulfilled.
His son with the blood disease is 14 now - no one is suggesting JF is heading to L8U tomorrow, but...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.