Link: LSU AD Joe Alleva Stepping Down

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Hmmm.

I think Joe should have gotten a lifetime contract based on how he handles "issues"... :biggrin:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Somebody there finally sobered up enough to avoid the total trainwreck before it happened.
Coach Ogre better watch out. He better produce big time or he be gone..........

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
So this means Coach O will eventually be canned, and Woodward will bring along Jimbo Fisher at LSU?

A&M is in meltdown mode over this. Sad to see a rival appear to get their act together.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So this means Coach O will eventually be canned, and Woodward will bring along Jimbo Fisher at LSU?

A&M is in meltdown mode over this. Sad to see a rival appear to get their act together.
If Fisher is successful at TAMU and it comes down to only money, then LSU, even with Woodward, comes in second. OTOH, if Woodward's ties to Fisher are strong enough and the money is good, not necessarily TAMU good, but really good, I could see Fisher on the Bayou. I could also see Byrne to TAMU, if he has the cajones to put up with their "Big Hat Boosters".

Last edited:

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
This is a fickle situation from a Bama standpoint. aTm's loss is surely LSU's gain, but by how much? I always feared aTm getting their act together so them taking a lick like this may be worth the price. I personally don't see LSU getting it together for several more years. At least that is my hope.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If Fisher is successful at TAMU and it comes down to only money, then LSU, even with Woodward, comes in second. OTOH, if Woodward's ties to Fisher are strong enough and the money is good, not necessarily TAMU good, but really good, I could see Fisher on the Bayou. I could also see Byrne to TAMU, if he has the cajones to put up with their "Big Hat Boosters".
Yes but somehow Woodward was lured away from all that big oil money. So he had ties to LSU, true. But so does Fisher. Of course all of this is moot because LSU has a coach who is coming off a fairly decent season. It'll be something to keep an eye on because, I don't see Fisher as loyal at all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is a fickle situation from a Bama standpoint. aTm's loss is surely LSU's gain, but by how much? I always feared aTm getting their act together so them taking a lick like this may be worth the price. I personally don't see LSU getting it together for several more years. At least that is my hope.
A&M will need to make a very big, solid hire for this to be worth the price. He's only been at A&M since 2016. Overall, he's been able to steady the ship and provide some stability to things there in his short time in College Station.

Yes but somehow Woodward was lured away from all that big oil money. So he had ties to LSU, true. But so does Fisher. Of course all of this is moot because LSU has a coach who is coming off a fairly decent season. It'll be something to keep an eye on because, I don't see Fisher as loyal at all.
Woodward's ties to LSU are far greater than Jimbo's, though. He graduated from LSU. He was raised in Baton Rouge. Finebaum mentioned yesterday he has a few different properties (condo in the French Quarter, hunting/fishing cabin, and another place) in Louisiana.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
A&M will need to make a very big, solid hire for this to be worth the price. He's only been at A&M since 2016. Overall, he's been able to steady the ship and provide some stability to things there in his short time in College Station.

Woodward's ties to LSU are far greater than Jimbo's, though. He graduated from LSU. He was raised in Baton Rouge. Finebaum mentioned yesterday he has a few different properties (condo in the French Quarter, hunting/fishing cabin, and another place) in Louisiana.

I didn't realize the ties ran that deep. I knew he was a graduate.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Seems like they should've canned Alleva years ago, gotten Woodward, and probably signed Fisher in the process.

They didn't get the order of operations right on this one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.