Brannen trying to get Pettway........

LegionField

1st Team
Sep 21, 2004
AL
Let him go. He needs to make a decision for his career.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
He was the 247 recruiter of the year and has great contacts with the HS coaches in this state. I wonder if that will figure into his decision. Who wants to start over in Ohio?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Loyalty is a two way street..... He's been loyal to us. We've been loyal to him.

If he goes, I wish him luck. Doesn't mean the road won't guide you back home one day....but sometimes you have to spread your wings and put a little coin in the bank.

I think we improve with or without him..... he may be a recruiter, but apparently ball-handling isn't something he can teach.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Nothing new on whether Pett has decided to go or stay? Surely our standing with Watford depends at least in part on Pettway?

Rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I can see why he might want out. A new coach comes in and brings his two buddies with him and I’m the odd man out. Did he only keep me to keep the players from leaving? How long do I have until he hires a guy he really wants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I can see why he might want out. A new coach comes in and brings his two buddies with him and I’m the odd man out. Did he only keep me to keep the players from leaving? How long do I have until he hires a guy he really wants?

Is it any different this time than it was with Grant or Johnson?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Oats made it clear he wanted to keep a current assistant because of recruiting and helping with the current roster. Same thing happened when Avery was hired.

Believe it’s something most assistants understand can happen. The familiarity with recruits and current players makes the assistant pretty valuable.

CrimsonTitles

1st Team
Mar 30, 2015
It's very difficult to get results on this. A Google search of "Antoine Pettway" only pulls up 1 article. A search of "John Brannan" pulls up no news bc there is an Ohio Doc named John Brannan who has the results dominated. "John Brannan Cincinnati basketball" pulls up 2 articles. And "Cincinnati basketball" pulls up results from NKU. Meanwhile.I search "Nate Oats" and everything comes up.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Posters on BamaMag are saying he is definitely staying. You'd think so, since this amount of time has gone by.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.