Alabama football coach behind the scene

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What's the story here? That Galu is helping the QBs? It's just a small part of the article, but the headline implies that's the entire story.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Joseph Goodman is well on his way to becoming the next Scarbinsky

Edit: Missed this topic. Thanks for moving it here!

Alabama football’s coach behind the scenes

Starts with a totally unsubstantiated suggestion that Galu Tagovailoa has an inordinate amount of access and coaching responsibility in the program then sweeps back to a Sarkisian resume/biography recitation. Clearly he is establishing the narrative that Sark is here at Galu's bidding.

You gotta know he's hoping and praying the offense sputters in 2019 so he can mine this narrative vein again.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Re: Joseph Goodman is well on his way to becoming the next Scarbinsky

Goodman has a history of this. I fell victim when he predicted that Lia would go to UTe because, as Goodman reported it, Tua and Lia had an unhealthy sibling rivalry.

It was a betrayal of journalistic trust, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I believed the guy in the first place. That part's on me.

I no longer read anything he writes. If someone else quotes him, I need at least two other independent sources to begin to believe what he says. Even then, it's along the lines of a blind pig finding an acorn now and then.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Through line on that, 4Q, is the Tagovailoas. Could be he is just seizing on the most recognizable athletes on the team for his on benefit. I can't help but think that he has some "professional" animosity towards that family. The whole idea of Galu having significant input on the program seems like something meant to sow discord.

Last edited:

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018

It reads like a gossip column, not a news story.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Through line on that, 4Q, is the Tagovailoas. Could be he is just seizing on the most recognizable athletes on the team for his on benefit. I can't help but think that he has some "professional" animosity towards that family. The whole idea of Galu having significant input on the program seems like something meant to sow discord.
I hadn't considered that, but it's possible. Objective sports journalism died when sports talk radio and the Internet took over.

Exception noted for Cecil Hurt. Most of the time, he's an unabashed homer. But he knows when and how to write the critical piece. So when he isn't as optimistic as normal, it's fact-based. So he doesn't come across as bashing, yet it carries real weight

It reads like a gossip column, not a news story.
Well put, and another reason to ignore him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.