Link: Nick Saban will have hip replacement surgery

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I actually think that they're installing the "Forever Saban" module that I alluded to in a prior thread on who would replace CNS. Hip replacement is just a ploy.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
I am 53 years old and had hip replacement surgery on March 11th. I took one week off from work, was back at work on a walker the next week, on a cane for the next two weeks, and now am only limping a little. Coach Saban will be fine.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
An 85 year old Bama Grad on my mail route had both hips replaced. I stopped at his house last month to get out an deliver a package. He ran 20 yards over to my car and got the package. I was impressed!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I can't decide if his PT has an easy job or a hard one.

I'm guessing a bit of both. Easy in that Saban will do all the exercises and therapeutic workouts needed to come back as soon as possible. Hard in that the post-op soreness will put him in an unusually grumpy mood.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I am 53 years old and had hip replacement surgery on March 11th. I took one week off from work, was back at work on a walker the next week, on a cane for the next two weeks, and now am only limping a little. Coach Saban will be fine.
I'm almost 50 and I believe I've got a hip replacement coming. I've had hip pain in my left joint for 10 years. I'm scared to even go to the Dr. about it.

To complicate matters, in the last couple of years I'm finally getting some golf lessons. My teacher is basically a rotary teacher and so everything is based on using the big muscles and rotating around spine and then clearing the left hip....the one that hurts, which is the magic move to be able to cover the ball. I have a feeling that my swing will get alot better if I have this hip fixed, but I don't want to not be able to play for what I suppose will be a few months.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I can't decide if his PT has an easy job or a hard one.

I'm guessing a bit of both. Easy in that Saban will do all the exercises and therapeutic workouts needed to come back as soon as possible. Hard in that the post-op soreness will put him in an unusually grumpy mood.
I think he will be a very good patient because of his work ethic. I do feel like he will cut loose on some language during the rehab phase though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm almost 50 and I believe I've got a hip replacement coming. I've had hip pain in my left joint for 10 years. I'm scared to even go to the Dr. about it.

To complicate matters, in the last couple of years I'm finally getting some golf lessons. My teacher is basically a rotary teacher and so everything is based on using the big muscles and rotating around spine and then clearing the left hip....the one that hurts, which is the magic move to be able to cover the ball. I have a feeling that my swing will get alot better if I have this hip fixed, but I don't want to not be able to play for what I suppose will be a few months.
My brother had it done last year. He is overweight and waited too long, but he finally got it done, at 49 years old. Because he is overweight and waited too long his recovery was tougher, but it has changed his life.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA

Mine was the left hip also. My surgeon said that I could play golf again after 2 months following surgery, so I still have about 3 weeks before I can play again.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Time to git’er done! I’m guessing your golf game gets more fun and is upgraded, as well. Go get checked before it becomes a nerve thing!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.