Former Vols RB Reggie Cobb Dies At 50 of Heart Attack

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ok....EKG is good “but”....slight movement on the 2nd one. Because I’m 49 and never had my rush assessed, they’re keeping me overnight for observation. Stress test and cardiologist tomorrow. Risk factors are male and 49 but no family history of MI.

I’m reluctant to come to any doctor but carefully considered alternative and drive to nearest hospital rather than where I work. Labs are negative. No details on CXR yet.
All good news so far. Better to be safe than sorry.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ok....EKG is good “but”....slight movement on the 2nd one. Because I’m 49 and never had my rush assessed, they’re keeping me overnight for observation. Stress test and cardiologist tomorrow. Risk factors are male and 49 but no family history of MI.

I’m reluctant to come to any doctor but carefully considered alternative and drive to nearest hospital rather than where I work. Labs are negative. No details on CXR yet.
If I were you, I'd insist on cath. As I told the young Indian female cardiologist (mine was out of town), "I can fool any stress test," and I would have. Collateral circulation too good from conditioning...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I have one client who passed a stress test with flying colors, complaining that he had chest pains, got off the treadmill and had an MI...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Prayers lifted. Take care of yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Hang in there Selma...you’re a great example for all of us who are hovering around the half-century point in life...but still feel that we are invincible!!! I, personally, am quite proud of you for taking this seriously. I’ll keep checking back to find out your status...and I’m also continuing to pray for good results.

joel

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
If I were you, I'd insist on cath. As I told the young Indian female cardiologist (mine was out of town), "I can fool any stress test," and I would have. Collateral circulation too good from conditioning...
Absolutely would prefer to undergo a cath. versus a Stress Test which always gives me the impression that they are attempting to cause me to have an MI on the treadmill and then the scans appear way too rudimentary of a measure of my coronary health.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Update: they are almost certain it’s not a heart issue but still more tests before we know that. Other than I have some left bicep/elbow tingling and pain, nothing points in that direction. Shot of Lovanox and some Pepcid. The hardest part was my son’s reaction as he’s in LA alone and Asperger’s, but he’s also positive and it’s tomes like these you learn they DID listen and absorb some of the pep talks.

Thanks for your prayers and support everyone and I’ll keep you posted.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
A few years ago had CP. Went to the ER. Standard dose of nitro helped. That was not terribly ressuring. Had a heart cath (clear). Turned out to be an esophageal spasm (nitro helps these, too).

Hang in there, Bill. Hopefully nothing but good reports to come.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ok, so I'm home. I guess I'll be fine until I get the bill for all the services, heh heh.

No CP this morning. Got a very good night's sleep despite using THEIR CPAP machine ( a solid 12 hours btw).
ECHO negative, EKG negative, and cardiologist personally observed the stress test and mine lasted nine minutes without any chest pain or major exertion (and I'm by no means an athlete).

Gave me a low dose of Lisinopril for BP that's just above 'high' and told me to go back to taking an aspirin a day as I once did.

I feel fine right now so hopefully it was just a scare. Major headache after going 36-plus hours with no caffeine.

Thanks for your support, and I look forward to a few write-ups before the season starts - including a commemorative article for the 2009 champs.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
That’s great news, Selma. Don’t ever let the “cost” keep you from ensuring that you are safe. You did the right thing...no matter the results.

Joel

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Cruel coincidence - I’m at an ER right now with CP and a numb/tingling left arm.
Prayers appreciated.
Update: they are almost certain it’s not a heart issue but still more tests before we know that. Other than I have some left bicep/elbow tingling and pain, nothing points in that direction. Shot of Lovanox and some Pepcid. The hardest part was my son’s reaction as he’s in LA alone and Asperger’s, but he’s also positive and it’s tomes like these you learn they DID listen and absorb some of the pep talks.

Thanks for your prayers and support everyone and I’ll keep you posted.
I been behind on this thread and just now saw this. Glad it was just a scare and nothing else. But, since I'm local and a minister, I'm available if needed!

You and I are the same age too! So news like this gets my attention!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.