Does anybody have a link/invite to the SEC football and/or Alabama football discords?

Landonio

Nov 16, 2018
I know they exist (at least the SEC one). I apologize for creating a new topic but I had no idea where to put this. Thanks.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Discord is a chat service website where a group can create a discord server for text and voice chat. It is mainly used for gaming. Think slack but for gamers.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Until I read through the thread, I thought it was a typo, the OP meant records, and was going to "fix" it.

Still don't know what the thread is about, but I know it's not about SEC and Alabama records.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Not sure you're age but man I'm 26 and just as confused as all y'all are. Apparently a discord is a chat/text type deal between people, which is what I thought this entire web page was.
The difference is Discord is built to function more like a chat room with private messaging features, while the forum is more moderated thread based discussions. Reddit is more similar to a message board, Discord is more similar to a chat room.

There are hundreds of millions of Discord users, but the main way to find a link to a particular room is with an invite link.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Until I read through the thread, I thought it was a typo, the OP meant records, and was going to "fix" it.

Still don't know what the thread is about, but I know it's not about SEC and Alabama records.
I remember an Alabama record when I was younger. I think it was titled something like ‘ you can’t say nope to the Pope’ , or something like that.

Man this younger generation with their AOL chat rooms, and MySpace! Jeez!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Discord is a chat service website where a group can create a discord server for text and voice chat. It is mainly used for gaming. Think slack but for gamers.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Sounds like an old style ‘party line’ to me . I found an old story, SEC related . Maybe this is what he is asking about ;)-
In December 1942, University of Tennessee's strategy in an American football game versus University of Mississippi was revealed to the opposing coach as a telephone on the Ole Miss team's bench had been inadvertently wired to the same party line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.