Vandy game 3

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Lost 2 -0 today had a total of three hits not going to get it done. Basically got out manned all weekend just like last weekend. I know Bama does not have the horses to compete game after game with most teams in the conference right now,but they have got to find a way to stop getting swept every weekend. Seeing our baseball team and basketball team in the shape they are in currently is embarrassing. Maybe Oats will right the ship in basketball and maybe Bo is the right guy in baseball but both programs need get better in a hurry.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Coach Bo went Joe Maddon, and started our closer. Almost worked out. He gave up the only runs, in the 3rd.

And yes.............Bleday hit a dinger, for their 1st run. Glad we are through with him.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
The past couple of coaces pretty much left the cupboard bare,
It's probably gonna take him another couple of years of recruiting and coaching guys up before we see better results. Couple that with being behind the eight ball when it comes to recruiting due to other programs being able to offer full scholarships where we can only offer partials doesn't help.
They have shown improvement this season in beating teams they should definitely beat whereas a couple of seasons ago we'd be biting our nails against them. My biggest thing is finding some way to level the field in recruiting. If we could somehow do that we would be in business.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The past couple of coaces pretty much left the cupboard bare,
It's probably gonna take him another couple of years of recruiting and coaching guys up before we see better results. Couple that with being behind the eight ball when it comes to recruiting due to other programs being able to offer full scholarships where we can only offer partials doesn't help.
They have shown improvement this season in beating teams they should definitely beat whereas a couple of seasons ago we'd be biting our nails against them. My biggest thing is finding some way to level the field in recruiting. If we could somehow do that we would be in business.
I do get the recruiting disadvantage we are in here in this state but little sister handles it pretty well and we certainly should be able to keep up with that bunch in any sport .

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Couple that with being behind the eight ball when it comes to recruiting due to other programs being able to offer full scholarships where we can only offer partials doesn't help.
I get we don’t have a lottery scholarship or TOPS like the Louisiana schools use. However, are we not allowed to use the UA granted Merritt Scholarships? If an in state kid has a 28 ACT and 3.5 HS GPA, they are guaranteed 50% tuition. A 29 ACT is 75% and 30+ is 100%. As low as a 25 is 25%.

UA offers the Merritt scholarships out of state too. The ACT requirement is higher. IIRC, it starts at a 28 for 25% and a 32 is required for 100%.

I know scholarships specifically for a sport would count against the 11.7. We (Tide in Texas, the DFW Alumni Chapter) looked at endowing a scholarship for an athlete from DFW for a specific sport and while it would count against that sports #’s, it would free up about $50K they could budget towards other items. Unfortunately, the $900K needed made it a non-starter.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Well, at least in 2 of the 3, we gave ourselves a chance. I think we have a chance at the Auburn series. Maybe we can pick up one game in the other 3 series. 8 or 9 wins in SEC is going to be about best-case scenario this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.