Social Security is headed for insolvency by 2035, government says

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Here is the lady you were talking about.

https://www.ssa.gov/history/idapayroll.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, thanks. I knew her name, but I didn't know whether that was overly relevant. I've even been to her town (Brattleboro, VT) twice.

And again - my point wasn't that she's some sort of rapscallion for benefiting.....it's just most folks don't realize that more draw more than they contributed (which is part of the problem).

Thx for the info though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Either taxes will have to go higher to maintain the current level of benefits or the benefits are going to have be reduced or some combo of the two,” Clark notes. “There is no magic rabbit to pull out of a hat, no matter what the politicians like to say about government waste and inefficiency.”

According to Clark, the real issue is that too many people depend on Social Security for all their living costs. But Social Security replaces so little of a typical person’s prior income from working that you can’t rely on it no matter what happens with how Congress adjusts the program in the future.
Clark Howard

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.