New Rules by the NCAA for the 2019 season

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Re: New Rules by the NCAA for the 2019 season.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-2-definitions/3/

ARTICLE 14. Defenseless player

g. A player who receives a blind-side block. A blind-side block is one where a player obviously does not see the opposing blocker approaching him.

This is a rule just waiting to be abused and falls right in line with the intent of changing the game that has taken place in the past 30 years. The proper response to this rule is that if a player is on the field he better have his head on a swivel.

AND WHILE i'M AT IT-----------

b. A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

The proper response to this rule is to make sure the opposing coach or quarterback understands to stop putting receivers in danger.

i. A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
e. A player on the ground.

Combine these two and make it mandatory for a quarterback who doesn't want to get hit after a change of possession to immediately sit down.

tldr: go play basketball.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: New Rules by the NCAA for the 2019 season.

https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-2-definitions/3/

ARTICLE 14. Defenseless player

g. A player who receives a blind-side block. A blind-side block is one where a player obviously does not see the opposing blocker approaching him.

This is a rule just waiting to be abused and falls right in line with the intent of changing the game that has taken place in the past 30 years. The proper response to this rule is that if a player is on the field he better have his head on a swivel.

AND WHILE i'M AT IT-----------

b. A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

The proper response to this rule is to make sure the opposing coach or quarterback understands to stop putting receivers in danger.

i. A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
e. A player on the ground.

Combine these two and make it mandatory for a quarterback who doesn't want to get hit after a change of possession to immediately sit down.

tldr: go play basketball.
I agree. It takes the incentive away for a player to be aware of what's happening around him. I saw several egregious calls on this last season, even before this change...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.