Link: Trouble in Athens (UGA Staffers Related)

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
Re: Trouble in Athens

Happens all the time. I got two words for you. Lance Thompson. Saban let it go for a little while but finally had to let him go. The weird thing is the subordinate, a woman, was fired and the boss , a man was retained, we obviously don't know the whole story.

Last edited:

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN

You know I read the Thread headline and absolutely was not thinking anything about Georgia. My first thought was "What in the world is happening in Athens, Alabama to be on the Football board?" LOL. No offense to the city schools. :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

"The thing is.....men and women can never REALLY be friends because the sex part always gets in the way."
I think in the case of college and college athletics, the chances of these type things happening are much higher than in the average workplace. In most cases, a lot of college staff that have to do with recruiting and marketing, are young "good looking" people. Probably not long graduated from the institution themselves. Mix that dynamic with working closely with staff members who are in their 30's and 40's, and you've got a recipe for some extracurricular activity.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

It seems the recruiting coordinator is very popular for having affairs. Wasn't it the recruiting coordinator that the ex-Miss St baseball coach was having an affair with while his wife was pregnant?
Recruiting coordinators/salesmen aren't just good at selling athletic programs.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Recruiting coordinators/salesmen aren't just good at selling athletic programs.
Obviously so, just like the female recruiting "hosts" that routinely are present when basketball/football recruits are courted around campus. I'm not sure if that still goes on but there was a time that if you had enough stars behind your name you got the "Robert Kraft" recruiting package.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Obviously so, just like the female recruiting "hosts" that routinely are present when basketball/football recruits are courted around campus. I'm not sure if that still goes on but there was a time that if you had enough stars behind your name you got the "Robert Kraft" recruiting package.
Last Recruiting girls splash I remember was at Tennessee.
Some of their girls were a little more than Hostesses...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Last Recruiting girls splash I remember was at Tennessee.
Some of their girls were a little more than Hostesses...
Hostess Cupcakes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies, Ho Hos.....

Wow, I never realized the connection between Hostess and sexual euphemisms. Well, “Ding Dong” was kinda in your face, but wow

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Happens all the time. I got two words for you. Lance Thompson. Saban let it go for a little while but finally had to let him go. The weird thing is the subordinate, a woman, was fired and the boss , a man was retained, we obviously don't know the whole story.
Same old story -- the guy keeps his job while the woman is fired. In all likelihood, she was subordinate to him but she paid the price. Always happens that way.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017

McGarity put a tight lid on this story. It's interesting they fired the female, if it was in fact an affair.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.