Game Thread: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 2 & 3 - 6pm CDT

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
What was Mack’s grade coming out for the draft? I’m assuming many thought he should stay another year, and it looks to be about right since he hasn’t got drafted.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
What was Mack’s grade coming out for the draft? I’m assuming many thought he should stay another year, and it looks to be about right since he hasn’t got drafted.
Initially he was considered one of the top 3 ILB ... it changed after the combine

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
True ... Buggs will get drafted. The number of safeties drafted is very telling for Tompson ... pulling for him but man
I'd say it was the way he started the season, compared with the way he finished. Also, some of the teams seem to have held his very slender build against him. I still think he goes before the end...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban did his dead level best to get him to stay. Wrong "advisors"...
From what I’ve been told, the people that helped with his recruitment weren’t all that much help. Suspect this time was no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I think Mack’s father was quoted with words to the effect, CNS had three years to work with him. (Meaning his parents spoke to people and they know better than the greatest coach ever). A couple of things come to mind: 1. Parents are biased and they probably shouldn’t act like NFL advisors; 2. Football is a developmental game and developing players in college...(gasp) helps them develop to be ready for the NFL ( read, fills the right gaps and makes tackles in open space); 3. If I was a NFL owner, I would shy away from players whose parents act as if the family is being drafted.

He should have stayed another year to improve his ILB technique and skills...simple as that. I sincerely hope Mack makes it in the NFL despite the bad advice he received.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Congrats to DH! Great place to land, and he will get a chance to play there.

Alabama players definitely getting drafted today:

Deionte Thompson - round 4-5
Christian Miller - 4-5
Mack Wilson - 4-5

Guys who might get drafted, but could just as easily be UFA:

Ross Pierschbacher - 6-7 (I think that he gets drafted)
Saivion Smith - 6-7 (I think that he gets drafted)
Isaiah Buggs - 7 or UFA (probably will not get drafted)
Lester Cotton - UFA
Hale Hentges - UFA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.