Clemson Makes Dabo Highest Paid Coach in the Nation (10 years, $93 million) - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Clemson Makes Dabo Highest Paid Coach in the Nation (10 years, $93 million)

Quote Originally Posted by daddybama1 View Post
    Tue and Lawrence are neck n neck...both elite...both will be #1 picks over all in NFL draft...both probably will win at least 1 heisman before the graduate...both will have long and great NFL careers...for you to say that Tua is better and it's not close is honestly just laughable! Clemson's D was better in NC game...but offensively we had just as many studs as them! I don't agree...but the experts mostly have said that if both Tua and Lawerence were coming out in 2020 class...Lawerence would be chosen over Tua hands down. Better do some more research!
    So IOW you’re telling me the offense led by the banged up QB had just as many yards as the healthy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Recent topic of discussion has been about Clemson handling a SEC schedule. Some think it’s silly to think they couldn’t do it just because they are in the SEC.

Consider these numbers:

Nick Saban: 12 years at Alabama, 3 years undefeated SEC record
    Dabo Swinney: 10 full years at Clemson, 2 years undefeated ACC record

As far as SOS goes, Sagarin average rankings from the last five seasons:

Clemson - 20.2
    Alabama - 10

And then we get this absurd take today on Finebaum. Have to think this is one of those ESPN ideas to use as the big off season discussion.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/...984598533?s=21

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation Second Team

yes, but he also had 2 interceptions and one was a pick 6 and the other i do believe turned into a CU touchdown. And it was Clemson's D that did not let us in the endzone. But make no mistake, Tua is elite...Tua has weapons-many 1st round WR's and a 1st round RB (jacobs)and our offense was called the best ever until the NC game...it was a thing of beauty! my real point was to push back on Tua being so much better than Lawerence that it is not even close...sort of makes me smile to type it ha...i'd love that to be true...but i've got to give credit to both of these young men...they both are game changers!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    So IOW you’re telling me the offense led by the banged up QB had just as many yards as the healthy one?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Recent topic of discussion has been about Clemson handling a SEC schedule. Some think it’s silly to think they couldn’t do it just because they are in the SEC.

Consider these numbers:

Nick Saban: 12 years at Alabama, 3 years undefeated SEC record
    Dabo Swinney: 10 full years at Clemson, 2 years undefeated ACC record

As far as SOS goes, Sagarin average rankings from the last five seasons:

Clemson - 20.2
    Alabama - 10

And then we get this absurd take today on Finebaum. Have to think this is one of those ESPN ideas to use as the big off season discussion.

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/...984598533?s=21

What does the link say? I cannot see it.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Tue and Lawrence are neck n neck...both elite...both will be #1 picks over all in NFL draft...both probably will win at least 1 heisman before the graduate...both will have long and great NFL careers...for you to say that Tua is better and it's not close is honestly just laughable! Clemson's D was better in NC game...but offensively we had just as many studs as them! I don't agree...but the experts mostly have said that if both Tua and Lawerence were coming out in 2020 class...Lawerence would be chosen over Tua hands down. Better do some more research!

Experts? That's a load of crap. Lawrence can't hit the windows Tua can. Or at least he hasn't had to yet, and hasn't needed to prove it, because I haven't seen it. I didn't even see it in the NC game. I saw WRs making plays on so so thrown balls, or WRs running wide open because of busted coverage.

Lawrence had a much better, more focused, surrounding cast that night. I'm not talking about talent and ability as much as I am talking about focus and preparedness. Clemson was on fire, and we just didn't make the trip mentally. Which is inexcusable, but factual. Lawrence is a very impressive QB, has all the tools, and all that. But he's not making the throws Tua is right now. That might change this season, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    What does the link say? I cannot see it.

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Lawrence has physical tools that Tua simply doesn't. Tua has accuracy to all levels that Lawrence simply doesn't. Both need to improve to reach their potential.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Good lord above.

The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Second Team

People certainly seem to get upset when someone blabs things out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Do they know Clemson had won a title before? And that they had been a fairly good regional power for many years?

I mean, I think Dabo has Clemson swinging above their weight class, to be sure, but not by that much.

???
    Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    People certainly seem to get upset when someone blabs things out.

BamaNation All-American

If Clemson's DBs fell down and ran in molasses, the comparison between Tua and Lawrence might be viewed differently.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I am not taking anything away from Dabo or what Clemson has accomplished over the 5 years, but I do not think anyone believes the ACC is a truly competitive conference. FSU, Va Tech, and Miami have become "middle of the pack teams" at best. Clemson's biggest challenges are now Syracuse, NC State, and BC.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner