Clemson Makes Dabo Highest Paid Coach in the Nation (10 years, $93 million) - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: Clemson Makes Dabo Highest Paid Coach in the Nation (10 years, $93 million)

Clemson is USCw on the East Coast and until someone comes along (like Stanford) and makes them play a grueling, physical conference game they will continue this string of being healthy when the playoffs come along.

I do mean USCw in all facets, just look at the wiretap from the FBI if you donít believe me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Second Team

"Grueling, physical conference games" are killers.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    What I find interesting about Dabo is how he got over the hump. For years he couldn't get it done and lost key games that prevented Clemson from being a National Championship contender. He was even labeled a "Choker" for a while. Then the lightbulb turned on and Clemson stopped losing the type of games that became the hallmark of his average career. So what was it? FSU's fall from the throne? Miami being mired in mediocrity? Did Dabo hire one or two position coaches that made the difference? Was it a change in recruiting philosophy, learning from mistakes... yada, yada? Something has changed in their program enabling them to have tremendous success over the last 4 years.
    I think Dabo is a good head coach beyond question BUT even with the teams he's coached at Clemson it's highly doubtful he'd have won the SEC much less a national championship if they were in the SEC and playing SEC teams week after week.

Beating up on South Carolina every year isn't the same and when they've added another SEC team to their schedule they've come close to losing to Auburn and Texas A&M this year. Imagine if they had to play LSU and 7 others every year.

With an 85 scholarship limit and all the extra games just to get to the national championship makes Saban's run at Alabama IN the SEC amazing. I don't think Coach Bryant could have done it. He basically had no scholarship limitations and I don't think Dabo could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    I think Dabo is a good head coach beyond question BUT even with the teams he's coached at Clemson it's highly doubtful he'd have won the SEC much less a national championship if they were in the SEC and playing SEC teams week after week.

Beating up on South Carolina every year isn't the same and when they've added another SEC team to their schedule they've come close to losing to Auburn and Texas A&M this year. Imagine if they had to play LSU and 7 others every year.

With an 85 scholarship limit and all the extra games just to get to the national championship makes Saban's run at Alabama IN the SEC amazing. I don't think Coach Bryant could have done it. He basically had no scholarship limitations and I don't think Dabo could do it.
    Very good points.

BamaNation Second Team

Analogies with plenty of "if's" always have good points.

In my opinion, I see not too much standing in Alabama's way back to the playoffs again this upcoming season.

They're much better than any team on the schedule.

Canít find anything other than Sagarinís final ratings for each season. His predicted 2019 ratings are out. Clemson: 15-0 and Alabama: 14-1.

Predicted SOS for each is 25 and 9.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Can’t find anything other than Sagarin’s final ratings for each season. His predicted 2019 ratings are out. Clemson: 15-0 and Alabama: 14-1.

Predicted SOS for each is 25 and 9.

So he has us losing to them in the NC game again. If we both make that game 14-0 again, I'd bet my mortgage on us. The revenge factor means a ton. Just let Tony Brown do the pre-game speech.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    Analogies with plenty of "if's" always have good points.

In my opinion, I see not too much standing in Alabama's way back to the playoffs again this upcoming season.

They're much better than any team on the schedule.
    Georgia is the lone concern IMO

BamaNation Second Team

Georgia can play with anyone right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I always worry about LSU, too. And Auburn is Auburn (voodoo).

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I always worry about LSU, too. And Auburn is Auburn (voodoo).
    Fair. I just don't think LSU has the offense to be a real threat. Plus its a home game this year.

Auburn voodoo is always a concern but I just can't see them beating us this year with this Alabama team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Yes, except for Alabama's back-up QB. They seem to have trouble with him (whoever he may be).
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

except jalen hurts
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon