Illinois Gov. Pritzker under federal investigation for tax break on mansion: report

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
LINK

The investigation centers around a property tax break the billionaire Pritzker and his wife sought for a 126-year-old mansion the two purchased. According to a Cook County inspector general’s report, which was first discovered by the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper, Illinois First Lady MK Pritzker ordered workers at the mansion to remove all the toilets in the residence so it could be declared “uninhabitable” – giving the couple a large tax break.

Begs the question - what happned when they had to use the bathroom? :confused:

The report also said that the governor’s brother-in-law, Thomas J. Muenster, and the first lady’s personal assistant, Christine Lovely, made false representations on tax appeal documents. The scheme apparently cost taxpayers more than $331,000, according to the IG report.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I wonder if bazza would have started the thread if there was a R by his name instead of a D

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I wonder if bazza would have started the thread if there was a R by his name instead of a D
Well, I would have but let's be fair - Illinois had four governors go to prison between 1961 and 2009 - three Democrats and a Republican.

So he's not working alone, he's just carrying on an old....family tradition.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Also makes you wonder just what all's hiding in Trump's tax returns...
Quote:I wonder if bazza would have started the thread if there was a R by his name instead of a D.

So, now it's one of your superior liberal stalwarts doing it and it hits home and you resort to this? And you talk about Trump supporters in the same light? Very enlightened of you.

P.S. Bazza has been pretty even keeled and consistent in his political beliefs on here and has consistently called out people of both parties. But you want to drag him down because the boogie man doesn't fit your narrative, And you blame Trump supporters and conservatives for all the mud slinging...…….Things that make you go hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.