Game Thread: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 - 7 - 11am CDT

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Mack fell because the Tape doesn't lie and neither do the stats.

Here are our Top MLB's since 2012:

2012 - C.J. Mosley 107 Tackles 8 TFL's 4 Sacks 2 INT's
2013 - C.J. Mosley 106 Tackles 9 TFL's

2014 - Reggie Ragland 93 Tackles 10.5 TFL's 1.5 Sacks 1 INT
2015 - Reggie Ragland 102 Tackles 6.5 TFL's 2.5 Sacks

2016 - Reuben Foster 115 Tackles 13 TFL's 5 Sacks
2017 - Rashaan Evans 74 Tackles 13 TFL's 6 Sacks

2018 - Dylan Moses 57 Tackles 5.5 TFL's 3.5 Sacks
Mack Wilson 47 Tackles 2.5 TFL's 1 Sack 1 INT

His production was nowhere near the level of the guys that have preceded him. He wasn't even the production leader on last year's team..... it was Dylan Moses.

He was also 'Lost', out of position, communicated poorly, took bad angles, missed tackles etc etc etc.

If he can't/couldn't run CNS's Defense then what NFL team is going to be Round 1-2 confident that he can run theirs???

He needed to stay to try and get better if possible. He didn't. It's not Alabama's fault or the Coaching staff's fault that he mis-evaluated himself.
Let's pretend there is some truth to Alabama's staff not really making an honest effort to help his draft stock the best they could after he declared. Does that really matter when there was so much on film to point to that would cause concern for a team considering him? He was the topic of a lot of discussion last season about "looking lost", being out of position, taking awful angles etc. His game tape didn't do him ANY favors.

Just so perspective isn't lost:
As the 155th overall selection, Wilson is projected to receive a contract worth $2.827 million with a $307,622 signing bonus, according to spotrac.com’s draft salary index. That’s a net loss of as much as $4.2 million based on where some of the more reputable mock drafts projected Wilson being selected leading into last week.
This wasn't really a catastrophic event. I think he'll be fine...

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Mack needs to get off social media and quit pointing fingers. Burning bridges in his home state isn’t the best long term move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Let's pretend there is some truth to Alabama's staff not really making an honest effort to help his draft stock the best they could after he declared. Does that really matter when there was so much on film to point to that would cause concern for a team considering him? He was the topic of a lot of discussion last season about "looking lost", being out of position, taking awful angles etc. His game tape didn't do him ANY favors.

Just so perspective isn't lost:

This wasn't really a catastrophic event. I think he'll be fine...
Dude may have lost 4.2 million according to that quote. Hopefully he can make it up on a second contract but he plays one of the most physical sports in the world and could very well have a ton of health issues down the line.

2.87 million isn't really all that much. I think he'll be fine in the end, but he lost a lot of money.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Dude may have lost 4.2 million according to that quote. Hopefully he can make it up on a second contract but he plays one of the most physical sports in the world and could very well have a ton of health issues down the line.

2.87 million isn't really all that much. I think he'll be fine in the end, but he lost a lot of money.
How most of these guys spend their money during their active careers, $4.2 million isn't that much either when you're talking about health issues after they retire. Either way, considering his obvious expectations, he made a bad decision to come out.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
How most of these guys spend their money during their active careers, $4.2 million isn't that much either when you're talking about health issues after they retire. Either way, considering his obvious expectations, he made a bad decision to come out.
Nobody’s fault but his own. At least next year Coach can give Ronnie Harrison a break, at least he’s a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
4.2 million added on to that 2.87 million is a sizable difference. I agree it is his fault for leaving early though. I honestly think he has a chance of making it back on his 2nd contract though. He has his issues but hes fairly athletic and has great ball skills for a LB.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
4.2 million added on to that 2.87 million is a sizable difference. I agree it is his fault for leaving early though. I honestly think he has a chance of making it back on his 2nd contract though. He has his issues but hes fairly athletic and has great ball skills for a LB.
It is, but when the majority of these guys' lifestyles entails multiple million dollar houses, several luxury cars etc. $4.2 million and $2.87 isn't a material difference when you're talking about life after football and the money most normally have left. At this point all of that is speculation. But what isn't speculation is, he made a bad decision.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It is, but when the majority of these guys' lifestyles entails multiple million dollar houses, several luxury cars etc. $4.2 million and $2.87 isn't a material difference when you're talking about life after football and the money most normally have left. At this point all of that is speculation. But what isn't speculation is, he made a bad decision.
This is is a silly disagreement but I don't see how you can argue an extra 4.2 million isn't a material difference. It's not 2.87million vs 4.2million. Its 7.07 Million vs 2.87 million. So, more than double what he is getting now.

But you're right it is speculation. And again I agree that he made a bad decision.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Another thing to consider.... endorsement deals 0utside NFL.... just do well and money will come in from different sources

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
This is is a silly disagreement but I don't see how you can argue an extra 4.2 million isn't a material difference. It's not 2.87million vs 4.2million. Its 7.07 Million vs 2.87 million. So, more than double what he is getting now.

But you're right it is speculation. And again I agree that he made a bad decision.
Because you're bringing health bills (which can reach the millions quick) into the equation and I'm building in assumptions of lack of money management. Those two factors built into the equation equates to, IMO, not a big difference. What he really lost wasn't necessarily money but opportunity. The NFL is quick to cut a 5th round pick who isn't panning out. A first/second rounder gets more patience afforded.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Mack would benefit by asking himself who has their hand out these days towards him, Coach Saban or his crew from home ?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I didn't know he was a middle school teammate of Jarrett Stidham. Now, teammates again.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I know I have to admit I'm biased and all, but it's somewhat stunning Damien Harris lasted until the 3rd round. WOW!
His problem in the draft is that he is a RB without an elite skill. He's not super fast or explosive. He's not a WR at RB. But he's really really solid all around. He should be a good pro because of it but not worthy of a 1st and probably not a 2nd. (IMO no RB is worth an early 1st and few if any are worth a 1st at all)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
His problem in the draft is that he is a RB without an elite skill. He's not super fast or explosive. He's not a WR at RB. But he's really really solid all around. He should be a good pro because of it but not worthy of a 1st and probably not a 2nd. (IMO no RB is worth an early 1st and few if any are worth a 1st at all)
Oh I get it. I just figured his talent would grade him out to a 2nd round pick. But the RB position simply doesn't hold its place as it used to in the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.