Game Thread: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 - 7 - 11am CDT - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 - 7 - 11am CDT

Another thing to consider.... endorsement deals 0utside NFL.... just do well and money will come in from different sources

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    This is is a silly disagreement but I don't see how you can argue an extra 4.2 million isn't a material difference. It's not 2.87million vs 4.2million. Its 7.07 Million vs 2.87 million. So, more than double what he is getting now.

But you're right it is speculation. And again I agree that he made a bad decision.
    Because you're bringing health bills (which can reach the millions quick) into the equation and I'm building in assumptions of lack of money management. Those two factors built into the equation equates to, IMO, not a big difference. What he really lost wasn't necessarily money but opportunity. The NFL is quick to cut a 5th round pick who isn't panning out. A first/second rounder gets more patience afforded.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; May 1st, 2019 at 04:14 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Mack would benefit by asking himself who has their hand out these days towards him, Coach Saban or his crew from home ?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Biggest Steal in the Draft: NE Patriots and Damien Harris
    Nice to hear Damien praised that way. I think he will make a mark. I also think his biggest asset is his brain. Dude plays smart.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

I didn't know he was a middle school teammate of Jarrett Stidham. Now, teammates again.

I know I have to admit I'm biased and all, but it's somewhat stunning Damien Harris lasted until the 3rd round. WOW!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I know I have to admit I'm biased and all, but it's somewhat stunning Damien Harris lasted until the 3rd round. WOW!
    His problem in the draft is that he is a RB without an elite skill. He's not super fast or explosive. He's not a WR at RB. But he's really really solid all around. He should be a good pro because of it but not worthy of a 1st and probably not a 2nd. (IMO no RB is worth an early 1st and few if any are worth a 1st at all)

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    His problem in the draft is that he is a RB without an elite skill. He's not super fast or explosive. He's not a WR at RB. But he's really really solid all around. He should be a good pro because of it but not worthy of a 1st and probably not a 2nd. (IMO no RB is worth an early 1st and few if any are worth a 1st at all)
    Oh I get it. I just figured his talent would grade him out to a 2nd round pick. But the RB position simply doesn't hold its place as it used to in the game.