Game Thread: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 - 7 - 11am CDT

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Unreal, isn't it? I would love to know how it feels to blow $513 million.
He followed the financial advice of Irish footballer George Best " I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You know, I made an assumption and was wrong (again). His father has apparently squandered all of his boxing earnings (over $500MM :eek2: ).
I remember reading about this a few years back. I was completely shocked by it.

Holyfield grew up 20 mins from where I live and he's kind of hometown hero in this area and everyone followed his amateur and professional careers.

I met him when I was 13 years old during his 1st Championship reign. He spoke at a local College that my Mom worked at....and anyways he was SUPER NICE.

He took a picture with me and his entourage held the Title belts up and then he autographed it for me too. It was coolest thing that ever happened to me at that point in time...Lol

But back to the Finances, I last remember him signing a $20 Million dollar deal with Coca-Cola to be paid in $2 Million increments over ten years.

That was around 2011 or 2012......So he should have a few Million saved back up hopefully.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But back to the Finances, I last remember him signing a $20 Million dollar deal with Coca-Cola to be paid in $2 Million increments over ten years.

That was around 2011 or 2012......So he should have a few Million saved back up hopefully.
Not 100% sure, but I believe that he signed that contract early in his career, not recently.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not 100% sure, but I believe that he signed that contract early in his career, not recently.
I must be mis-remembering the details then. That stinks.

Man I can't believe he's totally broke. That's just beyond unfortunate.

The only 4-Time Heavyweight Champion and one of the best pound-for-pound fighters ever. He fought in 57 Professional Fights too.

I mean if he blew the money he blew it..... but a dude like him just shouldn't be anything but wealthy.

Michael Jordan is probably the only athlete who could squander MILLIONS like that (Gambling) and yet STILL be beyond Rich.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Last edited:

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
Nobody can justify a house like that. Maintenance, taxes, and insurance would bankrupt most millionaires. It is sad that so many professional athletes end up broke. I'm sure their friends and family come out of the woodwork with their hand out, plus trying to live the high life. Sometimes you just have to say no to all the beggars.

bought for 20, sold for 5. now that's a good real estate investment.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yep...... flat broke...... his house was nice too
I use to go by his house all the time going to work. It was on the corner of Old National and Jonesboro Rd. I remember often seeing family members walking around the lake on the manicured lawn . Electric bill was $250,000 a year, and cost over a million Dollars per year to operate the 110 room house. I believe it cost about $20 mill to build and sold at auction for 6 million.
A lot of athletes are broke after their playing days are over because they assume they will always have that type income, and live a lifestyle accordingly.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Since we are totally off topic now, here’s a house for sale not far from me that was Tyler Perry’s house. It’s the biggest house in The ATL and price was just cut to now be $21,000,000. Probably DzynKing’s neighbor! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.