Game Thread: 2019 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 - 7 - 11am CDT

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Mildly surprised, but it's all about needs...
Was thinking the same honestly. He definitely has the talent but thought he would have fallen further because he didn't have a strong combine. Again I'm happy for him, I think he'll do well there.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
On a side note, my Lions never fail to amaze me ... their 3 and 4 round picks are arguably better at those spots than the picks they made at 1st and 2nd. Oh well, go Lions lol

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Meh, but there is an Alabama connection so I thought I would mention it.

quote on NFL.com doesn't sound great:

[FONT=&quot]"He might be the worst with his back to the ball that I studied this year. That Michigan game was a bad look because those touchdowns should have been defended but he just never finds it." - NFC area scout

[/FONT]

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
And if that be the case, the extra year might not have helped. OTOH, that's not the case with Wilson. His confusion at times is not a good look for the NFL...
and another safety is chosen that is not Thompson.

Wilson looked like he was going to be great his freshman and sophomore years, then last year happened.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I actually think it's durability doubts. Have you ever paid attention to his lower body?
I think he and Mack along with Buggs and Piercesbarcher will get picked before the day is up. I am interested to know what the teams are thinking as far as passing over him for some of the picks going off the board. Heck, I even thought the Browns would have taken a shot with their pick, and they got the safety from Miami ...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
quote on NFL.com doesn't sound great:

[FONT="]"He might be the worst with his back to the ball that I studied this year. That Michigan game was a bad look because those touchdowns should have been defended but he just never finds it." - NFC area scout

[/FONT]
Well if he learns from the other DB's on the Falcons he will learn to commit PI a lot.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Benny Snell to Pittsburgh has to be one of my favorite picks thus far. He'll kill it in that system

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And if that be the case, the extra year might not have helped. OTOH, that's not the case with Wilson. His confusion at times is not a good look for the NFL...
I think that's got to be it with MW. These orginizations watch enough video in scouting to know he struggled to grasp CNS NFL type system. What good is a great athlete/specimen if they are lost half the time?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.