the Unraveling of the NRA

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
figured this deserved it's own thread even though they pop up in others

https://www.thedailybeast.com/olive...eelection-as-nra-president-amid-investigation

editing to add a better more in depth article from National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...e-into-the-public-light-oliver-north-departs/

note at the end that what a large percentage of y'all think of as an extremely biased liberal organization the ACLU filed a brief in support of the NRA versus the State of New York

Later in the meeting, Wayne LaPierre discussed the NRA’s lawsuit against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, charging that the governor and top members of his administration abused their authority over banks and financial institutions to discourage the banks from doing business with the NRA. The American Civil Liberties Union filed a friend-of-the-court brief supporting the NRA’s position, contending “targeting a nonprofit advocacy group and seeking to deny it financial services because it promotes a lawful activity violates the First Amendment.”

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sending Wayne my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I have no idea what the NRA is fighting about, but I’m glad it’s happening! This is the kind of results you get when the leader of this group is a felon. Oliver, you cannot have your way all the time.
What a strange bunch of thugs.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I have no idea what the NRA is fighting about, but I’m glad it’s happening! This is the kind of results you get when the leader of of this group is a felon. Oliver, you cannot have your way all the time.
What a strange bunch of thugs.

La Piere is claiming that Oliver tried to extort him into resigning. It's funny to watch these scumbags tear each other down.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
La Piere is claiming that Oliver tried to extort him into resigning. It's funny to watch these scumbags tear each other down.
I believe the rank and file membership is questioning LaPiere and other leaders as to how their money is being spent. Also there are hints that multi millions are unaccounted for. Could get interesting.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I believe the rank and file membership is questioning LaPiere and other leaders as to how their money is being spent. Also there are hints that multi millions are unaccounted for. Could get interesting.
He has been CEO since 1991. He attracts large amounts of donations on a regular basis. I wouldn’t be surprised if some shenanigans were going on. I feel the same way about anyone who has been head of a non-profit like that for that long.

If I ran the NRA, I would support Bernie for president. Much easier to suck money out of sheep when you can point to someone in the White House who is going to grab your guns, assuming there are any left after the mass gun seizures ordered by Obama. (Blue font)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the entire modern conservative movement is nothing more than a massive grifting operation.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You’re a member?

No. I was a life member at one time but I left in the 1970s but I left when they turned from a gun organization to a political operation (and money-making). I'm sure they still have my contact info and records from back then...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No. I was a life member at one time but I left in the 1970s but I left when they turned from a gun organization to a political operation (and money-making). I'm sure they still have my contact info and records from back then...
I know what you meant but being a “former life member” just strikes me as funny.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know what you meant but being a “former life member” just strikes me as funny.

Well, "life sentence" doesn't mean what it used to. The Spencer guy who killed three people while on parole recently in Marshall County was once released in six months from a life sentence - without warning the people he'd burglarized...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They are as beholden to the Russian Mafia as Trump himself is. If you haven't, READ "House of Trump: House of Putin." 'Twill be as a film, peeled from your eyes...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.