Avengers Endgame Discussion - Spoiler Warning

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I think I see your problem ;) -- you choose your superhero movies poorly!!

I did start to feel like the ending was a little like the ending of the last LOTR movie -- where it had 5-6 epilogues.... this one sort of needed it though.

Also -- I wish someone would give Favreau a bit more credit. If Iron Man doesn't hit hard -- the rest doesn't happen......or at least not to this extent. The dude went from being Vince Vaughn's sidekick to being one heck of a great Director!

Also -- there is no after credits scene -- so, no need to wait through the 20 minute credits....
Spot on.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
^

I agree with both of you. He also directed the Jungle Book which was a great success, and the new Lion King movie. He definitely has talent as a director.

He also had one of the most heartwarming scenes in the movie. His conversation with Stark's daughter at the funeral about cheesburgers was a very realistic way that you would comfort a child that just lost their father. It was a great callback to the first Iron Man, where Stark just wanted a big cheeseburger after he was held captive.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
favreau is hit or miss with me. I still think Elf is his best movie imo. As for Lion King... if the Sonic the Hedgehog trailer didn't debut yesterday I would've said that Lion King is probably the worst CGI mess Ive seen for an upcoming big picture movie. Then again that may or may not be Favreau's problem, but it also doesn't help that it will be compared to a major Disney Renaissance movie.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Loved the movie.....so much but there are soooo many questions they left open.

Spider-Man with "instant kill" tech? No bloody way.

Two Steve Rogers in the 40s, one frozen and one unfrozen? I do love the "Hail Hydra" shout out.

What are the ramifications of the time travel hi-jinx? You know there will be some shenanigans.

To me, this movie surpasses all the Marvel movies. It's #1 in their universe, to me.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Loved the movie.....so much but there are soooo many questions they left open.

Spider-Man with "instant kill" tech? No bloody way.

Two Steve Rogers in the 40s, one frozen and one unfrozen? I do love the "Hail Hydra" shout out.

What are the ramifications of the time travel hi-jinx? You know there will be some shenanigans.

To me, this movie surpasses all the Marvel movies. It's #1 in their universe, to me.
Spidey had Insta-Kill in Homecoming, he activates it once on accident after Ned hacks the training wheels protocol

as for the time travel hijinks the movie went to great length to explain that the way we look at time travel from existing movies is all wrong

or should I say explain away as it is the only way this story "works"

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So couple questions for me. Loki got away with the Tesseract. So he’s back alive in a different timeline?
So Steve Rogers goes back and romances Peggy but apparently gave up being Captain America. He’s not the wormy looking guy he was before the serum but either gave up the mantle of Cap or somehow kept the body and lost the powers so he could be with Peg? Don’t quite get that one.
Loved going back and stealing the Tesseract and more Pym particles. That was an awesome twist.
Cap with Thor’s hammer gave me chills.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
P.S. It did not seem like three hours.

Loved Cap with the hammer.

Iron Man is my favorite (and my wife's) so that hurt; but I have a feeling someone will step into the Iron "Something"(Woman?) role. Mrs. Stark? Eventually their daughter?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We’ve been watching old Marvel movies all week and plan to see Endgame again in a couple of weeks. I had forgotten so much I’m sure I missed a lot of the call backs.

Has anyone seen thr movie in 3D? Is that better?

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
We’ve been watching old Marvel movies all week and plan to see Endgame again in a couple of weeks. I had forgotten so much I’m sure I missed a lot of the call backs.

Has anyone seen thr movie in 3D? Is that better?
Unfortunately I saw it in 3D. The movie was good, but it may be one of the worst 3D conversions I’ve ever seen.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
P.S. It did not seem like three hours.

Loved Cap with the hammer.

Iron Man is my favorite (and my wife's) so that hurt; but I have a feeling someone will step into the Iron "Something"(Woman?) role. Mrs. Stark? Eventually their daughter?
I agree, it felt like it went by quickly.

Also agree about Cap' with the hammer - especially Thor's reaction.

Of course, that was right about the time my allergies started getting ready to act up as I was - coincidentally, of course - anticipating having to imminently watch Captain America die at the hands of time-travelling Thanos.

And no matter what else Marvel does cinematically for the rest of its existence - Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. will forever be THE Captain America and Iron Man, respectively. And I'm pretty sure that Marvel, the actors, and pretty much everyone else is perfectly fine with that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Finally saw it today and loved it! The first few minutes are gut wrenching as a father and husband.
Still not quite sure about the timeline theories but it is a comic book movie.
Loved the end with the “Asguardians of the Galaxy!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And no matter what else Marvel does cinematically for the rest of its existence - Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. will forever be THE Captain America and Iron Man, respectively. And I'm pretty sure that Marvel, the actors, and pretty much everyone else is perfectly fine with that.
Yup.

I think the only way we see them in the future will be in a "Michael Douglas" role - they're basically irreplaceable.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
Yup.

I think the only way we see them in the future will be in a "Michael Douglas" role - they're basically irreplaceable.
That was the only reason I hated to see Iron Man die. I know it is a pipe dream but I was hoping he would hang around and they would make Next Avengers into a live action movie. It was so well done that I think it would have worked well with Robert Downey Jr. as their mentor.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
That was the only reason I hated to see Iron Man die. I know it is a pipe dream but I was hoping he would hang around and they would make Next Avengers into a live action movie. It was so well done that I think it would have worked well with Robert Downey Jr. as their mentor.
They still have old man Rogers!

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I will see it this weekend, but some jerk posted this on FB and I thought it was funny, and sad....so sad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.