Game of Thrones SPOILERS

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Apparently Jorah was to survive and flesh out the Dany the mad story arc. And there was a different ending with Jorah and Jon taking the black.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Apparently Jorah was to survive and flesh out the Dany the mad story arc. And there was a different ending with Jorah and Jon taking the black.
That already makes more sense than the story we got and I don't have the details. Jorah dying as Confirmed Ser Friendzone was lame considering he's literally been on the show since episode 1 or 2 (not sure at the moment). So much of how the story turned out seemed to be driven by Q ratings of the actors instead of narrative quality. For example, the Jon-Dany romance arc was awful. They have the chemistry of two opposing walls. They are there but they aren't really selling the idea that they want to get any closer to one another. But the fans like both of their characters so here we are.

Perhaps the most damning thing about this shows plummet was just how dumb all the character motivations and actions became from season 5 onward. Unsurprisingly, that was when the writers were almost wholly in uncharted territory in the series. All the sudden the sense of geography of the universe was lost. People teleported instead of trekking. Characters that only survived on their wit became dullards who couldn't stop making mistakes. Characters who were heroic became afterthoughts or worse yet just lapdogs. Character arcs that had been developed the entire series were abandoned just because viewership wants to see them with this person instead of that person. When high lords died in a region, all the sudden their kingdoms do not exist anymore and have no weight on the narrative at all (what up Riverlands, Stormlands, The Reach, and Dorne). Weird mystical Lovecraftian horror pirate from the books is implemented in the show as some midwestern dirtbag looking for loosie cigs and a four loko but really just wants to bang the queen. The Jaime and Bronn buddy cop in Dorne - Benioff and Weiss' Rape of Dorneking - instead of taking him to the Riverlands as in the books. Confirms R+L=J book theory but ultimately it doesn't really matter other than making a Mad Queen. Arya decides to become Dora The Explorer after that winding character arc that inexplicably made her the hero of the long night. She kills the Night King - a fitting culmination of 8 seasons of Jon's story - but doesn't kill Cersei and decides to become Westorosi Christopher Columbus. Sansa just asks to leave the Seven Kingdoms in front of everyone and gets to do it without the entire continent fracturing into individual kingdoms again. The writers could've pulled that off narratively speaking but nah lets just do it like this was written by a high school general english class.

This was awful. I saw it coming since season 5. It blows my mind that most of the casual viewers didn't clue into this stuff until they just went into straight up don't give a damn mode in season 8.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That already makes more sense than the story we got and I don't have the details. Jorah dying as Confirmed Ser Friendzone was lame considering he's literally been on the show since episode 1 or 2 (not sure at the moment). So much of how the story turned out seemed to be driven by Q ratings of the actors instead of narrative quality. For example, the Jon-Dany romance arc was awful. They have the chemistry of two opposing walls. They are there but they aren't really selling the idea that they want to get any closer to one another. But the fans like both of their characters so here we are.

Perhaps the most damning thing about this shows plummet was just how dumb all the character motivations and actions became from season 5 onward. Unsurprisingly, that was when the writers were almost wholly in uncharted territory in the series. All the sudden the sense of geography of the universe was lost. People teleported instead of trekking. Characters that only survived on their wit became dullards who couldn't stop making mistakes. Characters who were heroic became afterthoughts or worse yet just lapdogs. Character arcs that had been developed the entire series were abandoned just because viewership wants to see them with this person instead of that person. When high lords died in a region, all the sudden their kingdoms do not exist anymore and have no weight on the narrative at all (what up Riverlands, Stormlands, The Reach, and Dorne). Weird mystical Lovecraftian horror pirate from the books is implemented in the show as some midwestern dirtbag looking for loosie cigs and a four loko but really just wants to bang the queen. The Jaime and Bronn buddy cop in Dorne - Benioff and Weiss' Rape of Dorneking - instead of taking him to the Riverlands as in the books. Confirms R+L=J book theory but ultimately it doesn't really matter other than making a Mad Queen. Arya decides to become Dora The Explorer after that winding character arc that inexplicably made her the hero of the long night. She kills the Night King - a fitting culmination of 8 seasons of Jon's story - but doesn't kill Cersei and decides to become Westorosi Christopher Columbus. Sansa just asks to leave the Seven Kingdoms in front of everyone and gets to do it without the entire continent fracturing into individual kingdoms again. The writers could've pulled that off narratively speaking but nah lets just do it like this was written by a high school general english class.

This was awful. I saw it coming since season 5. It blows my mind that most of the casual viewers didn't clue into this stuff until they just went into straight up don't give a damn mode in season 8.
Honestly its not the twists and conclusions that irk me, its how we got to them. I can see Dany becoming mad, I can see Bran winning the Iron Throne, and I can see the White Walkers just being a red herring. But how they did it was weak. Back to the Jorah thing, the leaked 1st script had him surviving, and becoming the lord of bear island. He also started to show that he was becoming more sympathetic to the northern needs and started to turn on Dany ( not stab her in the back) due to her impatience. Dany started to feel more isolated because all of her trusted advisors were not totally drunk on her vision of a quick war. To top it all off someone actually throws a javelin at her dragon and that's what set her off. D&D just wanted her to be a villain instead of a character that took things too far.

As for Euron... I honestly think it was wishful thinking that we wouldn't get some Black Sails ripoff character after they butchered the Dorne segments. I think D&D just wanted to speed the story up instead of explore the mythology. But then again, one of the writers was a writer of XMEN Origins Wolverine so we got what we got.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.