2020 Prospect: **** ATH Drew Sanders Flips From OU to Alabama ****

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I think Sanders is a projected OLB and Sampah is ILB. Welcome and RTR Drew. He is fast and physical.

I hate we missed on Sampah since this was a position of need and he is a great prospect. Hopefully we get Flowe or Smalls.
staff were waiting to see Sampah camp before giving him the green light.
Clemson was in no hurry to take his commitment either.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I watched his highlights and the kid has a huge wingspan and thus ...a huge tackling radius. Glad to have him on board with us! ;)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Lots of time left, and Oklahoma won't quit recruiting.

In our favor is the need at LB, Saban's track record as a defensive coach (all-time great), Riley's track record as a defensive coach (not good at all, even by Big 12 standards), Saban's record as a recruiter, and the fact that the kid's not from Oklahoma. Don't know who he grew up rooting for.

Time, though, is not on our side. While Saban is a great recruiter, Riley's no slouch, and he has no small amount of time to flip him back. The vulnerability is less than it was before the early signing period, but there's still roughly six months to go until then.

Serious question: Are there any stats on kids who flip this early? As in, "Of the recruits who commit to one school, then flip to another with 6 months or more left until signing day, what percentage stick with their second commitment?" The obvious concern is that if the kid will flip once, does that indicate uncertainty on the kid's part and/or a predisposition to flip again? How much does the amount of time left for other schools to get in his ear (whether the original school or another one altogether), affect the eventual outcome?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Lots of time left, and Oklahoma won't quit recruiting.

In our favor is the need at LB, Saban's track record as a defensive coach (all-time great), Riley's track record as a defensive coach (not good at all, even by Big 12 standards), Saban's record as a recruiter, and the fact that the kid's not from Oklahoma. Don't know who he grew up rooting for.

Time, though, is not on our side. While Saban is a great recruiter, Riley's no slouch, and he has no small amount of time to flip him back. The vulnerability is less than it was before the early signing period, but there's still roughly six months to go until then.

Serious question: Are there any stats on kids who flip this early? As in, "Of the recruits who commit to one school, then flip to another with 6 months or more left until signing day, what percentage stick with their second commitment?" The obvious concern is that if the kid will flip once, does that indicate uncertainty on the kid's part and/or a predisposition to flip again? How much does the amount of time left for other schools to get in his ear (whether the original school or another one altogether), affect the eventual outcome?
He flipped from OU for a reason. He said the way we play defense and the way the Big12 plays defense is the reason he flipped and said his decision is final. Saban against Riley in recruiting is a mis-match. Of course anything can happen but I don't see it happening and I am not going to worry at all about this one.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Looks like a guy that plays right away. Great size and speed combo. These HS athletes are so well developed physically nowadays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.