What's your top 10 list of active college football coaches? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

Re: What's your top 10 list of active college football coaches?

The first great OU coach, Bennie Owen, had previous HC experience. The one assistant hire we made that could have changed everything for the foreseeable future but ended in tragedy was Jim McKenzie. Hired off Broyles Arkansas staff he was headed for greatness before he died of a heart attack after his 1st year as the Sooner HC. Replaced by Chuck Fairbanks, it was the overall staff McKenzie built that led OU back to dominance. That staff include Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer along with Fairbanks. Our '90's merrygoround was a fiasco. Gary Gibbs was the former player/loyal assistant asked to clean Switzer's mess up. SCHNELLY was a panic hire that was a disaster. Blake was a former player hand picked by Switzer off the Dallas Cowboy staff. When we hired Castiglione, sanity returned to the process and the new AD went after Bob Stoops.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I listened to some clowns here in Atlanta on 92.9 the game talking about some site, maybe sporting news.com that ranked all FBS coaches. They had Saban ranked #1. The clowns were talking that Dabo has passed Nick because of last year. If I wasn’t driving, I would of called and reminded them that Bama blasted Clemson the year before. To support their argument, they not only mentioned last year, but also the coaching turmoil at Bama, Nicks age vs Dabo’s age and Clemson’s monster 2020 recruiting class . I guess that class has already signed and is a done deal , smh!
    Atlanta Sports Radio is a JOKE I got XM radio specifically so I didn't have to listen to Buck Baloo then I heard him on XM the other day and considered selling all my XM stock and writing a scathing letter to the CEO lol.

On the note of Dabo surpassing Saban, until Dabo can
    1. pass Saban in NCs and have a NC at a different school
    2. Be able to say "Every kid I've successfully recruited has a NC ring"
    3. have at least half as many kids Drafted in the NFL

he doesn't even come close.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I listened to some clowns here in Atlanta on 92.9 the game talking about some site, maybe sporting news.com that ranked all FBS coaches. They had Saban ranked #1. The clowns were talking that Dabo has passed Nick because of last year. If I wasn’t driving, I would of called and reminded them that Bama blasted Clemson the year before. To support their argument, they not only mentioned last year, but also the coaching turmoil at Bama, Nicks age vs Dabo’s age and Clemson’s monster 2020 recruiting class . I guess that class has already signed and is a done deal , smh!
    I forgot who but one of the guys on 92.9 is a clemson grad. Just sayin.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll