Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    I work with some UGA fans. They said if Mac Jones beats them this year, they will quit watch college ball.
    Well, they are probably worried about the wrong guy. It would likely be Lia.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yep - having 12 first round quality players on one team is crazy. Having 12 that could go out in one draft has simply never happened before. Alabama really needs to win #18 this year. I hope that the focus and work ethic matches the talent, because no team has ever been this talented.
    way too early way too optimistic.

I am not even sure Tua is going to be drafted in 1st round. Lot more progress to be accomplished and injuries can completely change a player.

BamaNation First Team BamaFanatJSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtr90 View Post
    I am not even sure Tua is going to be drafted in 1st round. Lot more progress to be accomplished and injuries can completely change a player.
    Of course, injuries can derail any career, but multiple people in this thread keep saying this same thing, and honestly, it's just fans trying to be (falsely) modest. Seriously, I just watched Daniel Jones - whom I'd never even heard of prior to the Combine - get drafted at #6. If his skillset is what it takes to get drafted in the Top 10 as a QB, then it will take an absolute act of God to keep Tua out of the Top 3, if not #1 overall.

Let's get real: Tua is the most developed pure passer that has played college football in at least the last decade, and as long as he's remotely healthy, a half dozen NFL teams will be willing to pay a king's ransom to get him. And Trevor Lawrence will be a year behind him in exactly the same boat.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanatJSU View Post
    Of course, injuries can derail any career, but multiple people in this thread keep saying this same thing, and honestly, it's just fans trying to be (falsely) modest. Seriously, I just watched Daniel Jones - whom I'd never even heard of prior to the Combine - get drafted at #6. If his skillset is what it takes to get drafted in the Top 10 as a QB, then it will take an absolute act of God to keep Tua out of the Top 3, if not #1 overall.

Let's get real: Tua is the most developed pure passer that has played college football in at least the last decade, and as long as he's remotely healthy, a half dozen NFL teams will be willing to pay a king's ransom to get him. And Trevor Lawrence will be a year behind him in exactly the same boat.
    I think its fair to question how early in the 1st Tua will go (barring injury) but I agree with you that people who think Tua isn't going round one are off. If he produces similarly to last year he's going round 1. When in round one and will any QBs go ahead of him are more valid questions.

But, i've been wrong before.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Nothing Bama does in the regular season will erase the final game of 2018.
    Of course not. And I don't think I implied that it would?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

For Tua to be top 5 picks, He has to continue to do what he does best with showing improvement in his reading coverages on the field, making the progressions from left to right, and knowing when to check down to RB or TE. I think his biggest test are in November/ December.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Tua’s biggest issue is he seems fragile. He was hurt early and often last year. If he goes through the season uninjured he may be Bama’s first number one draft pick. If he gets hurt as often as last year, I look for second round. The arm and head are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Tua’s biggest issue is he seems fragile. He was hurt early and often last year. If he goes through the season uninjured he may be Bama’s first number one draft pick. If he gets hurt as often as last year, I look for second round. The arm and head are solid.
    Bama has had a #1 NFL draft pick. He was a QB too.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Yes it happened, but I doubt anyone celebrated it to include Harry Gilmer.

But if you are seriously counting Gilmer then you yourself are off by 1.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; April 30th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Well, they are probably worried about the wrong guy. It would likely be Lia.
    They just don't want to get beaten by the back-up QB again. I cannot imagine what Tidefans would be like if the situation was reversed.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Not in the modern era though. Which is mostly what matter when discussing NFL history/records at this point.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Not in the modern era though.
    Yeah itís geewhiz knowledge that very few people bother to care about. I think everyone knew in what context the poster was referring to

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Yeah it’s geewhiz knowledge that very few people bother to care about. I think everyone knew in what context the poster was referring to
    There is a reason no one pays attention to AFL or NFL championships before the merger. The Super Bowl is all that matters.