Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    It really depends on what you believe the GOAT is... I know several who believe Manning and Marino are better than Brady and Montana. They have some solid arguments even though I’m not sure I can agree with. But I think if you have Montana and Brady too far out of your top 5 then it shows a large degree of bias.

But fwiw I think Brady is the GOAT
    Brady is the GOAT but I'll still argue to this day Manning is the GOAT regular season QB.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Technically, shouldn't we say Joe Montana was the first coming of Tom Brady. He's the GOAT.
    No.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Something will have to go wrong badly for Tua to not be a Top 3-5 Pick in the 2020 Draft.

I mean look I get that the last time everyone saw Tua play we were beaten badly on the scoreboard.

Most say that Tua played a poor game because of the 2 INT's. But he wasn't awful.... he was 22 for 34 for 295 yards 2 TD's and 2INT's and a QB rating of 145.2.

It wasn't his best night, no.... but he didn't stop being an Elite QB because of that one night.

I know no one seems to be cutting him any slack for playing the last half of the season hurt/injured. I thought it he showed toughness to keep gutting it out.

I mean some are even insinuating that he's 'soft/fragile'?? He played almost the entire UGA game with the same injury that shelved Jalen immediately and for weeks afterwards.

What has changed for people's opinions to go from 'He's the best college QB I've ever seen' to ' Man I'm not sure he's got what it takes to make in the NFL'???????

Good Grief.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

It's a "what have you done for me lately world." His last game was not his best.

It's just like when CNS occasionally loses a game and the pundits start saying he's gonna retire.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    It's a "what have you done for me lately world." His last game was not his best.

It's just like when CNS occasionally loses a game and the pundits start saying he's gonna retire.
    I know and it doesn't bother me from outsiders but it really rubs me wrong when many Alabama fans are echoing the criticisms.

Tua set the NCAA record for QB rating in his 1st year even starting and people are picking him apart and trying illuminate holes in his game that he's gotta fix or else.

He's not perfect.... and yes there are some things he needs to work on like all developing players.

He's still the Best College QB I've ever seen...... I'm just one fan.... but I've got his back.

The kid has played his GUTS out for Alabama and while we didn't win this past year's NC we also 100% wouldn't have won the 2017 Title w/o Tua either.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I know and it doesn't bother me from outsiders but it really rubs me wrong when many Alabama fans are echoing the criticisms.

Tua set the NCAA record for QB rating in his 1st year even starting and people are picking him apart and trying illuminate holes in his game that he's gotta fix or else.

He's not perfect.... and yes there are some things he needs to work on like all developing players.

He's still the Best College QB I've ever seen...... I'm just one fan.... but I've got his back.

The kid has played his GUTS out for Alabama and while we didn't win this past year's NC we also 100% wouldn't have won the 2017 Title w/o Tua either.
    He deserved the Heisman last year, period. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    He deserved the Heisman last year, period. No one will ever convince me otherwise.
    He would have won it any other year. I'm still torn on it. He clearly faced better teams but Murray had an incredible season as well and wasn't a product of facing bad defenses.

If he had stayed healthy Tua probably wins it IMO. Georgia game really cost him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    He would have won it any other year. I'm still torn on it. He clearly faced better teams but Murray had an incredible season as well and wasn't a product of facing bad defenses.

If he had stayed healthy Tua probably wins it IMO. Georgia game really cost him.
    That's what burns me up about it. Tua wasn't healthy because he faced vastly superior defenses than Murray did. If Murray could have played the exact same schedule, his numbers would have suffered. I'm not suggesting he doesn't still have a stellar season, but he's not putting up those kinds of numbers against SEC defense for an entire season. He also likely suffers injury and probably doesn't finish the season to be frank about it. This will prove itself out in the NFL, and that's why it was ludicrous for him to go #1 overall, but it was also ludicrous for the Cardinals to hire a losing coach from the college ranks.

What he did against LSU, on one leg, should have won it. What Murray did against what amounts to glorified manikins is simply not as impressive***.

***And yes I am fully aware of what he did to our defense in the second half of the Orange Bowl. Despite the numbers over the course of the season, I do not think Alabama's defense was one of the better units in the SEC at all, especially by the end of the year.
    Last edited by TideEngineer08; May 1st, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Despite the numbers over the course of the season, I do not think Alabama's defense was one of the better units in the SEC at all, especially by the end of the year.
    Yep. They regressed after LSU/ Miss. State. Couldn't get off the field against WCU. Let a bad Auburn team hang around for 2 1/2 quarters. Then the last three games were easily the worst three consecutive defensive performances by a Bama team since the 2007 season, even taking into account the level of the competition. Except for the first quarter against Oklahoma and a couple of late stops against Georgia, the D was putrid, with the exception of QW, and even he seemed to disappear for stretches.

But I expect the D to be way better this year, even without Q.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueguitar View Post
    Yep. They regressed after LSU/ Miss. State. Couldn't get off the field against WCU. Let a bad Auburn team hang around for 2 1/2 quarters. Then the last three games were easily the worst three consecutive defensive performances by a Bama team since the 2007 season, even taking into account the level of the competition. Except for the first quarter against Oklahoma and a couple of late stops against Georgia, the D was putrid, with the exception of QW, and even he seemed to disappear for stretches.

But I expect the D to be way better this year, even without Q.
    QW “disappeared” for stretches because he was getting double/triple/quadruple teamed (held).
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team

With all due respect to Kurt Warner all QB's struggle when they're getting hit and things aren't perfect. I mean, that's what defenses are supposed to do hit or hurry the QB so he makes mistakes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    With all due respect to Kurt Warner all QB's struggle when they're getting hit and things aren't perfect. I mean, that's what defenses are supposed to do hit or hurry the QB so he makes mistakes.
    Tua should do really well in the NFL since it is a penalty to tackle the QB in the NFL. (only half blue font)
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Tua should do really well in the NFL since it is a penalty to tackle the QB in the NFL. (only half blue font)
    No doubt the NFL would not have liked the hits the Mississippi State defenders put on him after Brown left the game.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson