Jun 21, 2012
FWIW Mel Kiper came out with his top 25. 6 Alabama players made his list

1. Jeudy
4. Tua (1st QB)
11. Diggs
15. Moses
22. Ruggs
25. Lewis
Big IF but IF Lewis is healthy all year he goes higher than 25. Hope I'm wrong but don't think Moses goes that high.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
McShay came out with a top 32 for the 2020 draft today

1. Tua
2. Jeudy
11. Ruggs
18. Diggs
19. Raekwon
21. Lewis

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Yeah our best defensive player got hurt before the season and didn't play a down. I'm kinda wondering if there is something new Cochran is experimenting with because we have an uncanny amount of leg injuries over the past 2 years.
My theory has been that he’s gotten the muscles creating more torque than the ligaments and tendons can handle, so they tear. I have zero physical evidence or background in the area, it just always seems to be ligament and tendon injuries they suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My theory has been that he’s gotten the muscles creating more torque than the ligaments and tendons can handle, so they tear. I have zero physical evidence or background in the area, it just always seems to be ligament and tendon injuries they suffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not a doctor, but the science says that stronger and more flexible muscles around joints make ligament tears less likely. Cochran's training focuses on both.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Big IF but IF Lewis is healthy all year he goes higher than 25. Hope I'm wrong but don't think Moses goes that high.
McShay came out with a top 32 for the 2020 draft today

1. Tua
2. Jeudy
11. Ruggs
18. Diggs
19. Raekwon
21. Lewis
I'm not a draft expert, but I really doubt Juedy goes before Tua (assuming Tua does nothing to hurt his draftibility this year). Not that JJ is not deserving, but QBs like Tua don't grow on trees and, comparatively speaking, wide receivers do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm not a draft expert, but I really doubt Juedy goes before Tua (assuming Tua does nothing to hurt his draftibility this year). Not that JJ is not deserving, but QBs like Tua don't grow on trees and, comparatively speaking, wide receivers do.
If Alabama goes 15-0, Tua is going #1. If Tua struggles with injuries again, his draft stock will plummet.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
As crazy as it sounds, Tua has something to prove in 2019.
That is the silver lining of Tua not winning the Heisman last year.
At mid-season (I was watching the Bama-UT game last night), the Heisman race was all over but the shouting.

Then Bama fatigue set in and then began the frantic search for anyone not in crimson and white (they settled for someone in crimson and cream).

I hope Tua plays with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Alabama goes 15-0, Tua is going #1. If Tua struggles with injuries again, his draft stock will plummet.
To be Fair, You don't have to win it all to go #1. Tua just have to stay healthy and not regress down the road.

Only way if he falls outside Top 15 is if he suffer significant injury or He isn't getting the job done.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be Fair, You don't have to win it all to go #1. Tua just have to stay healthy and not regress down the road.

Only way if he falls outside Top 15 is if he suffer significant injury or He isn't getting the job done.
If Tua is healthy and plays well against the tougher SEC defenses then he will go #1, even if Alabama drops a game or fails to make the CFP. But if he has another season like last year he could drop enough to have him consider staying for his senior season.

Too many injuries led to very weak stats against the tougher defenses that he faced, and the scouts saw that. The NFL is going to be even more physical than the SEC.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Tua is healthy and plays well against the tougher SEC defenses then he will go #1, even if Alabama drops a game or fails to make the CFP. But if he has another season like last year he could drop enough to have him consider staying for his senior season.

Too many injuries led to very weak stats against the tougher defenses that he faced, and the scouts saw that. The NFL is going to be even more physical than the SEC.
True that. He also didn't have experience of playing the full 4 quarters.... I suspect we'll see Tua more in 3rd and 4th quarter as the season progress.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I remember the kid as a true freshman winning for the White Team at A Day. When I saw that kid I said to myself, "that dude has some talent." I saw a guy that was WAY further along in his development than anyone I had ever seen in a guy that age. As a first year starter in the SEC - recordbreaaking. But he did make some bad decisions which led to some injuries. That is not to say he is injury prone which is the media narrative. He just made decisions that led to injury. Now, a year later, I do not expect to see those bad decisions...at least, they will be mitigated somewhat. Regardless, that dude has the IT factor. He is still WAY advanced between the ears and athletically than anyone I can ever remember at his age. Regardless of injury this season, If I have the number one pick as an NFL GM, Tua is my man. Dude is a Franchise QB.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I remember the kid as a true freshman winning for the White Team at A Day. When I saw that kid I said to myself, "that dude has some talent." I saw a guy that was WAY further along in his development than anyone I had ever seen in a guy that age. As a first year starter in the SEC - recordbreaaking. But he did make some bad decisions which led to some injuries. That is not to say he is injury prone which is the media narrative. He just made decisions that led to injury. Now, a year later, I do not expect to see those bad decisions...at least, they will be mitigated somewhat. Regardless, that dude has the IT factor. He is still WAY advanced between the ears and athletically than anyone I can ever remember at his age. Regardless of injury this season, If I have the number one pick as an NFL GM, Tua is my man. Dude is a Franchise QB.
Will you feel the same way if he has injury problems again in this season, because that is the point?

FWIW, I am also predicting a 15-0 season for Alabama, but I try not to predict injuries (one way or the other). Feels like testing fate. I don't really believe in luck, but why test it?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Will you feel the same way if he has injury problems again in this season, because that is the point?

FWIW, I am also predicting a 15-0 season for Alabama, but I try not to predict injuries (one way or the other). Feels like testing fate. I don't really believe in luck, but why test it?
Yes, that is what I am saying. If he tears and ACL midway through the season and decides to come out for the draft and I am a GM with a pick and he is still on the board...he is on my team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, that is what I am saying. If he tears and ACL midway through the season and decides to come out for the draft and I am a GM with a pick and he is still on the board...he is on my team.
Yeah, that is why we are not an NFL GMs. ;)

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
One major injury then yes. If he has however proven that he is injury prone by multiple injuries then I am not sure that the services I am paying for will ever make it to the field.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.