Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Unless he learns how to cover I think we are looking at a 3rd round pick. The NFL is a passing league, and if you cant cover then you aren't going 1st day if you are on defense.
    He did just fine in coverage in his limited opportunities as a true freshman. Last year both ILBs went backward.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Yeah and how many had Thompson and Mack in the 1st 2 rounds? I say the sure two that will not be in the 1st round is Najee and Moses. Moses's coverage is just not on par with what the NFL wants, and Najee has Bo Scarbourough type issues in that sometimes he looks like an elite runningback but then there are those times when he is caught doing too much or too little. If either of those two get to the 1st round I would be SHOCKED.

Jennings probably has the ability to move up with a pretty solid year, but also take into account that there are only 32 picks in the 1st round. Even expecting 4 players going seems unrealistic. If I was to say the for sure 1st rounders it would be Tua, Lewis (if healthy), and Juedy. Diggs would probably be the 4th.
    You may be the 3rd most negative person I know, lol.....at times it's almost funny
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

I expect 4 players to be 1st rounders: Tua, Jeudy, Lewis, and Davis. Maybe Ruggs gets in there too. I'm not sure about Najee or Moses.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    You may be the 3rd most realistic thinking person I know, lol..... it's very educational
    FIFY

But In all seriousness I don't think I could take top 5 even for this site, especially when I'm not even when I'm not in the Top 3 on this very thread...
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 2nd, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    I expect 4 players to be 1st rounders: Tua, Jeudy, Lewis, and Davis. Maybe Ruggs gets in there too. I'm not sure about Najee or Moses.
    Yeah, running backs going in the first round isn't what it used to be. Najee would have to have a monster year to get into the 1st round. Jacobs went in the first because he fits more of the mold of what NFL teams are looking for in a RB.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Moses could be a 1st rounder, but he will have to really step up his game. He has the talent. I am not sure that he will get the coaching at his position.
    All he has to do is have similar numbers to previous MIKE players.. with exception of Mack Wilson... and he will be a 1st- early 2nd round pick.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

I'll probably be wrong about this but

Players I'm pretty confident will go round 1...

Jeudy
    Tua

Players I think have really good shots to go round 1 IF they have big years/stay healthy. Based on athleticism and potential...

Ruggs
    Davis
    Lewis
    Leatherwood
    Diggs
    Moses

Then guys who I think could be 2nd-3rd rounders with an outside shot of a being a 1st. Some of these guys might come back...

Jennings
    Wills
    McKinney
    Carter
    Najee

And then 2 sleeper guys who with big years have a chance of really moving up based on talent. Though both I think will come back

Brian Robinson
    DeVonta Smith
    Last edited by RollTide_HTTR; May 2nd, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Any way you slice it this team is possibly the most talented team ever assembled in college football(think BIG said this earlier). It's definitely up there at least.

Thats both really exciting and also a heck of a lot to live up to.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Ruggs will be a 1st round pick with his speed, great hands, physicality and he is a good kid. The NFL folks will love him. Agreed on Najee and Moses.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I'll probably be wrong about this but

Players I'm pretty confident will go round 1...

Jeudy
    Tua

Players I think have really good shots to go round 1 IF they have big years/stay healthy. Based on athleticism and potential...

Ruggs
    Davis
    Lewis
    Leatherwood
    Diggs
    Moses

Then guys who I think could be 2nd-3rd rounders with an outside shot of a being a 1st. Some of these guys might come back...

Jennings
    Wills
    McKinney
    Carter
    Najee

And then 2 sleeper guys who with big years have a chance of really moving up based on talent. Though both I think will come back

Brian Robinson
    DeVonta Smith
    Pretty much what I see, except I think swapping Jennings and Moses and maybe have Devonta closer to a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

I think what makes it hard to say for sure where these guys go is 5 things: 1) there are only 32 slots in the 1st round 2) we have no idea what order these teams are going to be in 3) The Combine can break a lot of folks that are thought to be great and elevate others no one has ever heard of 4) their last impressions are critical and 5) We have no idea how free agency will shake out

I think 4 is what maybe we get. I mean look at 2016, we got 1 in the first round when everyone was expecting 3-4 at the very least.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

Pretty much what I see, except I think swapping Jennings and Moses and maybe have Devonta closer to a 2nd and 3rd rounder.

I think what makes it hard to say for sure where these guys go is 5 things: 1) there are only 32 slots in the 1st round 2) we have no idea what order these teams are going to be in 3) The Combine can break a lot of folks that are thought to be great and elevate others no one has ever heard of 4) their last impressions are critical and 5) We have no idea how free agency will shake out

I think 4 is what maybe we get. I mean look at 2016, we got 1 in the first round when everyone was expecting 3-4 at the very least.
    I can see that. I think Jennings vs Moses is potential vs production. I think Moses just has a ton of potential because of his speed and Jennings is a really solid player who I kinda wonder if he's a bit maxed out.

On DeVonta Smith I just think he will come back. Its going to be hard for him to stand out with Ruggs, Jeudy AND Waddle. But I could be wrong. Maybe he ends up outproducing Ruggs this year and Ruggs is the one to come back. Or maybe Irv Smiths production is spread around enough that everyone eats.

Idk. I think at least one of Ruggs/Smith will come back instead of leaving early.

BamaNation All-American

I think we have 2 no doubt 1st rounders in Tua and Jeudy.. We have several who could play themselves into a 1st round pick. best bets IMO are Ruggs, Davis and Lewis

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

R. Davis with the right season could easily be a first rounder. His physical attributes alone scream 1st rounder.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon