Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Re: Tua's status for the 2020 draft - according to NFL Scouts

You know, I'd just like everyone to stay healthy for a change. We're due a healthy season. And if that happens, folks are gonna get paid when its time to get paid.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    You know, I'd just like everyone to stay healthy for a change. We're due a healthy season. And if that happens, folks are gonna get paid when its time to get paid.
    Yeah our best defensive player got hurt before the season and didn't play a down. I'm kinda wondering if there is something new Cochran is experimenting with because we have an uncanny amount of leg injuries over the past 2 years.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I can see that. I think Jennings vs Moses is potential vs production. I think Moses just has a ton of potential because of his speed and Jennings is a really solid player who I kinda wonder if he's a bit maxed out.

On DeVonta Smith I just think he will come back. Its going to be hard for him to stand out with Ruggs, Jeudy AND Waddle. But I could be wrong. Maybe he ends up outproducing Ruggs this year and Ruggs is the one to come back. Or maybe Irv Smiths production is spread around enough that everyone eats.

Idk. I think at least one of Ruggs/Smith will come back instead of leaving early.
    I think the only way Ruggs doesn't have a good year (without injury to him or Tua) is he gets double teamed alot. But I just don't see college secondaries being able to consistently do that with the other guys we have. These are not the days of just trying to contain Julio.

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Why is everyone so sure he is going to leave as a Jr? His little brother is on the team -Hawaiians love family. Maybe Tua stays hungry for another championship run? I see lots of reasons to stay..

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dWarriors88 View Post
    Why is everyone so sure he is going to leave as a Jr? His little brother is on the team -Hawaiians love family. Maybe Tua stays hungry for another championship run? I see lots of reasons to stay..
    I see million$ of reasons to leave. If hes the first pick, he and his family will be set for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation All-American

It's possible. But just doesn't happen all that often. Especially with little bro waiting for his chance.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I think the only way Ruggs doesn't have a good year (without injury to him or Tua) is he gets double teamed alot. But I just don't see college secondaries being able to consistently do that with the other guys we have. These are not the days of just trying to contain Julio.
    I think he is likely a 1st rounder but like I said, its kinda hard to predict when WRs will be drafted. Or at least people have been pretty bad at it recently. And like 81 has said there are only 32 picks.

Regardless hes a heck of a player and my favorite WR to watch along with Waddle. He'll do well in the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

IF he has a great year and is projected as a top pick as in top 3 or so, I think it would foolish to not cash in the opportunity. Just his signing bonus sets him for life.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    IF he has a great year and is projected as a top pick as in top 3 or so, I think it would foolish to not cash in the opportunity. Just his signing bonus sets him for life.
    Yep. The QB position, Tua specifically (unlike other positions) is almost guaranteed a top three pick next season. Granted, you have to leave room for crazy and unexpected events. But outside of anything like that. Tua and the other top QB's coming out will be prime targets for the several teams that will be in the market for a franchise quarterback and more than likely will be picking in the top five.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Yep. The QB position, Tua specifically (unlike other positions) is almost guaranteed a top three pick next season. Granted, you have to leave room for crazy and unexpected events. But outside of anything like that. Tua and the other top QB's coming out will be prime targets for the several teams that will be in the market for a franchise quarterback and more than likely will be picking in the top five.
    The last one I remember, that fit that criteria, and still came back for his senior year was Peyton Manning. I can't remember any since then, but maybe there were a couple here and there. It's just not done. It doesn't make sense in any way whatsoever.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    The last one I remember, that fit that criteria, and still came back for his senior year was Peyton Manning. I can't remember any since then, but maybe there were a couple here and there. It's just not done. It doesn't make sense in any way whatsoever.
    Andrew Luck. And Herbert this year may have been a 1st rounder.

You're right. I knew I was forgetting someone.

Herbert was the clear QB1 for this class prior to his announcement. Might have not gone overall because of the Kyler situation, but most expected him to be top 10.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson